SaabCentral Forums banner

What is CSi

482 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  justin.graeff 
#1 ·
Isaw a video on youtube and I just finished watch a SAAB 9000 CSi bombing it around the nurbergring with an AERO chip upgrade. I just want to know when did they make a 92 CSi

#2 ·
Well if it's a 92 CSi they made it in 1992 ;)...seriously, as far as I know CSI and CSE were just trim levels. So basically CSE got more kit, like wood dash, leather etc, that CSI wouldn't have. I don't think it involved different performance-I've owned light pressure turbo and full pressure turbo CSEs, so I think you could get either trim level with whatever engine you wanted. I think.

#3 ·
They had like, 10 different trim levels. They range from

S
CD
CS
CDE
CSE
Aero

The S USUALLY meant it was just the real basic level. Then came the CD, which was the non-hatchback version for pre-facelift. Then they did CDE which was the same thing as the CD, except they added the "E" after the facelift. After the facelift, they also added the CS, CSE, and Aero. Sometimes, there was no different between CS and CSE. I thought they were supposed to be the lower level ones, but I've seen CS's with full turbo, leather seats all around, and every option available. It's really a mystery on what it means.

The Aero was the best of the best. Bucket style Aero seats, leather door panels, upgraded Turbo (on manual versions) and suspension upgrades. There were also better bumpers and s such, but I won't get into that.

Does that clear it up for you? I hope so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.