SaabCentral Forums banner

Trouble with OBD codes and engine light

833 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  norryboy 
#1 ·
One of my friends has a modern snapon diagnostic obd. He did a generic scan and looked in the noncontinuous test monitoring system. Otherwise referred to as the mode 06 or 6. The darling little Saab has been plaguing me ever since I go it. I changed the O2 and various other sensors. Including plugs and coil pack(s).
If anyone has any idea what this mischievous code ($03), it say's that the $04 component is bad. What is the $04 component? could be I would really be thankful.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yours is odb2 correct? not sure about odb2 system but you can turn your key from off to the on position and then watch for the code(s) to flash or go to an autozone where they can pull the code then check for a description of it at no charge
Share some more info like what yr car and a description of the problems you are experiencing.

#3 ·
The system is equipped with a OBD2

But what Saab reading that are available I believe are generic. Is it correct to assume that the noncontinuos setting on the scanner is relating to test id? An 06 reading of $03 is said to indicate that somewhere a component $04 has failed. I will try try the Check engine Trionic proceedure, but I remember trying this before with 0 results. :) Hanging in there. 9000cs 1997.

#4 ·
Wow! things are getting weird

Well, I guess being cryptic about the problem :Ddidn't help matters. Ok, well I never found out anything about all those weird codes. Maybe it's nothing. But, what has been happening is that after getting on it going up a hill, with my friends in the car with me. Just after cresting the hill, the Engin light came on. After geting back to the garage we opened the hood and found that the pcv tube to the valve cover was blown off. Ever since then the light has gone of and on. One of the useful things that the OBD2 scanner told me was that Idle trim was very high. So, we are thinking that it could be the MAF sensor in combination with the Throttle sensor. If anyone out there had a simular adventure, with a 97 9000 cs I would love to hear about it.

#8 ·
new MAP sensor really showed high TRIM reading

I changed the map to a new OEM, and the Long term average trim went through the roof. Now I'am looking at the P codes for anything else that may give me an idication about what could be going on. Something called global adaptations. Wherever that is.:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.