SaabCentral Forums banner

Idling oddly

723 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  canyon 
#1 ·
#7 ·
and where the hell can i get one for a decent price. I have been fortunate and not spent too much on parts so far. Is it worth buying at a junk yard. Or do i need to go new.

#10 ·
Look for a vacuum leak before you do anything. Also my car gets wonky idle from time to time for no decent reason. Goes up and down until it warms up.

You can clean the air mass sensor with good old carb cleaner if you remove it from the car when stone cold, spray it out and verify the wire still exists. Let it dry out for an hour before replacing it into the car.

Also unplug the and clean the AIC and see if it's really dirty inside, sometimes these gum up and can cause issues. Also check the plug for the O2 sensor. Have you looked at the air filter lately?? Hope some of this is helpful.....John

#11 ·
Also check your spark plugs. That sound is strangely like a Honda with a bad plug or water in the wires. When you started it up had it gotten colder (outside air temperature) by a lot since the 120 mile trek? There might be some condensation on the plugs and the car is missfiriing.

#12 ·
the weather in the midwest usa has sucked, gone from warm to 30 degrees. I was running it at 105 miles an hour that saturday. It started running funky when i put gas in it during a stop on the way back. After that it sat till monday, and upon starting it ran wonky.

Idling up and down like it would stall. No stalls though. It runs fine at high speeds just when slowed down and idling it sounds awful.

I will get a new air filter and clean my plugs and zap the air mass with carb cleaner this weekend and see if it helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.