SaabCentral Forums banner

groovy inner cup not so groovy

428 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  supasaab9k 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I took out the inner drive cup from my 97' auto 9000, and brought it to my mechanic. I asked him to look at it and order a new one, but he thought it was not terribly worn. He suggested to pull the boot on the other side, to look for the source of the fairly severe shuddering I was experiencing above 65 mph. I pulled the boot on the other side, and it was like virgin smooth on the bearing faces. Sooo, if neither inner CV is really messed up, what else can be causing rapid tire wear and awful shuddering at highway speeds. It is also crabbing or weaving a bit at low speeds now (-35 mph), but this may be the tires which are now shot. The car has new ball joints and front lower bushings, and was aligned last year, when I put new tires on the front. I am at a loss.

#2 ·
It could be the tire. At this point you have no choice but to put on a new tire and see what happens. If the symptoms go away you know it was the tire. If the symptoms persist you still have some time to find the culprit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.