SaabCentral Forums banner

Has anyone seen this before?

466 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  twistedshadows 
#1 ·
9000 CSE Eco 1996 LPT

The car has ACC. The fan works when shorted.

I posted about this problem (fan not coming on - overheating) and I've done bits n pieces but it would REALLY help if someone (moderator?) can confirm what this car SHOULD have in terms of relays/fuses.

This is the relay box here - anyone know what I should be looking at?

Apologies again, but the trail's gone cold, and I need some good heads to look at this... I'm going to check the pins for continuity but I'm still not clear what's missing... if anything.... and why the blue wire?....
E

#2 ·
the blue wire looks like it might be for a amp or something like it.
u are missing a fan relay.
there are sapose to be 2 one in each of those holes.
i only have 1 (if u look in ur last picture it would be the open relay postion on the right hand side) but i also only have a 1 speed fan.
u can short 2 pins together to force the fan to turn on (i think its the top and bottom pins but im not sure).
i KNOW u need the relay on the right (if u look at the cover it should say fan relay and the other 1 should say high speed fan relay or something like that ill have to take a look at mine to know for sure)
u have 2 options u can go to saab and buy the right relay.
or u can get a 4 pin relay from any car or from any auto parts store and wire it to work (thats what i did with my fog lights because i was missing the relay for it).
to wire it up just get some wire then put a female connector on the side which will attach to the relay and put a male connector on the other side which will slide into the connector the relay would normally go in.
the hardest part is figuring out which set of wires goes where (2 of the 4 wires will trigger the relay to activate and the other 2 wires will connect to the switch inside the relay which passes the current to the fans)
they works as pairs there is no postive or negative just trigger pair and switch pair.
i hope this is helpful
joe

#3 ·
actually looking at ur pictures ur cover for the box is different then mine.
can u post a better picture of it.
if u can only install 1 relay then make sure its the high speed relay. (thats if u need 2)
joe

edit: after looking at the pictures again i was correct the first time.
u only need 1 relay the other postion has no pins for a relay to plug into.
so just install a relay on the right and u will have fans.
good luck
joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.