SaabCentral Forums banner

quick acc question

645 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SaabKen 
#1 ·
just a straightforward one here. when OFF is selected on the climate control should that shut down all airflow through the car? im currently getting a flow of cold (presumebly just outside temp) air out of the dash vents when it is OFF, is that what should happen? thanks

#2 ·
Are you talking of having air flow into the cabin when moving and the climate condition is off? if so i have the same issue. i looked at putting it into recirculate then turning the unit off but noted that the recirc flap moves to the open position when turned off letting air into the cabin.
have you tried that with success? Hopefully the gurus can be of help here with this issue

#4 ·
If my ACC is off air still comes in, but my Recirculation flap works too when the ACC is on. I just close the vents if I don't want cold air coming in. I don't ever see a need to turn it off thought because it automatically is supposed to keep the cabin at the selected temp.

#5 ·
harman. yes that is exactly what im talking about.

im not really complaining about it being a problem or anything just happened to notice it whilst driving the other day and wondered if it was the standard setting of the ACC to allow air into the car whilst its switched to OFF.

#6 ·
Superaero said:
"OFF" is supposed to close the recirculation flap to close off the outside air intake completely. The same thing happens when the ignition is switched off.
If that is the case, then wouldn't the cabin start fogging up with condensation from occupants' respiration ?

I believe with ACC at "OFF", the recirc flap would, and should, stay open like Harman and Justin said. The same principle applies to all cars, whether they have automatic climate control or not. When a car is moving, there should be external air allowed to come into the car, althought that may take awhile to work itself into the passenger cabin. If that air is too cold you can always shut off the vents at the dash.

When I'm driving with ACC at OFF, I can feel a faint whisper of ambient air coming through each of the vents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.