SaabCentral Forums banner

Stock speakers giving static (97 9000 CSE)

939 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  harman 
#1 ·
Hey guys this is my first post here.
I've got a 1997 9000 CSE with the premium audio system in it, and I've been having a few odd problems with my audio system.

When I first turn on my car I get this high pitched whine from the rear right speaker, it also happens when I'm just listening to the stereo when the car is off but I just put the keys in to listen to music.

Secondly I'm getting static from the rear speakers. The front ones are fine, so I think it might have something to do with the amp under the passenger seat? any ideas would be awesome. Thanks!
-Nick

#4 ·
The whine you hear in the speakers when you turn your car on is due to "radio noise" of the cars electrical system and it goes up and down depending on engine speed. there is usually a resistor or capacitor not sure which that is wired into the decks system that suppresses this noise from the cars electrical system. As far as the static you hear that is the amp under the seat on its way out the door. Tightening up the connections should help abit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.