SaabCentral Forums banner

Car won't start after a trip to garage

781 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rajeshk4u 
#1 ·
Hello,

My father took his SAAB 9000 2.3 CSE (manual) to a garage. He some minor stuff to do e.g. change the front indicator bulb. However, for some reason, the garage says the car will no longer starts. The car was working when it was taken to the garage. But the problem is similar to when you try to start the car and the immobiliser tries to kicks in. (usually you have to press the remote and the immobiliser releases).

The garage has tried to look at everything but they can't figure it out.

My father has been stranded for nearly 2 weeks and the car is still sitting on the garage forecourt.

He tried the radio comes on, but no sound.... (he has put in code, they must have disconnected the battery....)

Can anyone suggest what the problem is? Or how to disingage the immobiliser.

#3 ·
That is an interesting point.....

My father says that he has two SAAB remotes and they both don't unlock the door. He has to use the keys to unlock the door. With his type of alarm, the immobiliser comes on when you leave the car e.g. open the driver's door. In that instance you have to re-arm the alarm and disingage otherwise the immobiliser will stay on. I guess they have designed it to say stop someone stealing the car when you stop at the self-service petrol station.... Perhaps it is stuck in this 'permanent' state....

I will see if there are any instructions on re-learning the remotes?

#4 ·
I tried to find instruction for reprogramming the remote, but it does not seem to work. Perhaps they were for anothe SAAB. My father's remote looks like the one below. In the instructions I found it said to press "unlock" 4 times and then press lock once. But my father's remote only has one button (which alternates between lock and unlock i.e. like a toggle switch!).

PS. the door unlock/lock button works okay inside the car.

#7 ·
The problem is sorted. Basically the Car radio/fuse was missing. No idea why the garage took out this fuse?

I wanted to thank the chap who on another thread had a similar problem, except his fuse was blown.

The chap was able to start the car his with the interior lights on etc.. which was the same as my father's car.

So I followed this and checked every single fuse they were all perfect. However, on closer inspection I found that the radio/cassettee fuse was missing.

Anyways, glad the car is back to life!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.