SaabCentral Forums banner

Underpan/shield bolts

782 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  computek 
#1 ·
Steel bolts with a stamped nut on the other side? Whose idea was this? Saab had to know these things would be directly exposed to the elements, and still chose a metal that rusts readily, and a fastener on the back that has no way of gripping the plastic and can't be accessed. I had to dremel the stupid shield to drop it and now I'm pretty sure I'm going to have make my own set of shields and pans out of fiberglass. ;oops:

Have any of you guys gone through this nightmare? What are your fixes?

#7 ·
Solid Snake said:
So if I keep it under 100mph and don't run over any livestock, would running without do any harm?

OMG that's funny:lol:

My car has been missing those since I got it. Myself I'm looking into used conveyor belt scraps. More flexible, tough as nails and dirt cheap if ya can find any. Of course the 1/4" diamond plate would be stunning. That would also redeem my Swedish car with my ******* buddies!

#10 ·
supasaab9k said:
I had mine off for a couple months. Then I made one out of diamond plate because [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I[/font] drive on allot of trails.
A Saab on trails????:eek: I once saw a Corvair body grafted onto a lifted Ford Bronco frame to add to my list of unbelievable things I have seen but a Saab on a trail?? Can't wrap my mind around that thought.

'Course I have been known not to have any mind at all!:lol:

#11 ·
computek said:
Myself I'm looking into used conveyor belt scraps. More flexible, tough as nails and dirt cheap if ya can find any.
I've got loads laying around. I'm a service tech for fitness equipment and old treadmill running belts are excellent for all sorts of things. Plus my mate works for Conveyor Services. How would you make it rigid, so it doesn't flap, glue something to the back?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.