SaabCentral Forums banner

Climate control issues Please help.

744 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  robzsaab 
#1 ·
I own a 1991 Saab 9000, one morning I go out to warm her up and turned the fan speed on high due to excessive ice and now it's stuck there. I have resorted to pulling the fuse when the defroster isn't needed however the climate control unit still remains on is this normal?

I suspect that the fan speed control unit has died, but before I go replacing any parts I figured I would consult with the experts since I am new to owning a Saab and still learning about them.

Also if it is the fan speed control I'd like to get my hands on one if anyone is parting out a vehicle and has one or knows of someone who does that would be awesome!

Thanks,
Nikki

#2 ·
If you go to the Townsend site you will find there is lots to read and maybe a pointers or two to your issue. I have been looking there to solve my issues. Which in my case I think are related to the stepper motor failing.

#3 ·
I had the same problem. You can find and awesome step by step on Townsend that will tell you which part is the problem. Either the ACC (assuming you have one) is bad (rare), or in my case, the fan speed controller (common). There is a resistor in the controller that will fry and cause the fan to run full speed. The reason is without the resistor, the fan motor is getting a full 12V instead of the 4 or 6 required for low and medium speeds. I tried and failed to solder in a new resistor, and had to buy a used part off eBay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.