SaabCentral Forums banner

Power Windows

587 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  robzsaab 
#1 ·
How do I manually shut my power windows, I rolled the window down and it never came back up. So I just want to shut it manually untill the spring when I can work on it.

#3 ·
Sounds like you have dirty contacts on your window switch pack....The switches work one way but won't in the other direction when they are dirty

Which window is stuck down? If it's a rear one you can use the door switch, instead of the center console switch.

If it is a front one, you will need to either clean the contacts in the switch pack, or get another one.

#4 ·
You can remove the door panel and push the window up and tape if you have a day that's fairly nice which I know is hard to come by in the winter in VT I was born and raised there. I replaced a power window motor in a 1988 grand wagoneer and they are fairly easy to do and cleaning the contacts is also a good idea if that doesn't work my money is on the motor as inside the motor there is a big magnet and the briskles they are key in actuating the motor tend to wear out over time, is the window making any noise at all or is it just not responding?

#5 ·
Tape works good, but it can also give out, and the window will fall possibly damaging the cable, regulator, or glass. I had the same problem. It was caused by a mystery bug in the wiring. I opened up the door, pushed up the glass, and used a hose clamp to keep the window in place, it looked a lot nicer and was more secure than tape. Make sure to check the voltage at the switch. I had none, and was forced to splice into a hot wire from another switch. If you have power at the switch and the motor, the motor may be to blame. Also, remember to check the cable, they become stretched with age and will bind up inside the motor. It will appear as if the motor is dead but it isn't. You can buy the cables on thesaabsite.com. If the motor has power, and the cable is fine, look at replacing the motor, and buying a new bushing kit while you are at it. The bushings wear out and will break, causing problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.