JZW tune here I come! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: JZW tune here I come!

9-3sleeper
01-03-09, 03:34 PM
So I just posted my stg 4 nordic tune up for sale on ebay so that I can afford to get one of JZW tunes. I'm really interested to see how they differ. I may write a report to all you guys once I get it.

how do others that have the JZW tunes like them?

hapcj7
01-03-09, 06:21 PM
I have a Stage 3+ JZW tune, and it is great!!!...Runs like a biiiootch.:cheesy: Smooth at all rpm's range.No misses or anything.Make sure your car is on tip top shape.Im sure you are aware of this already.He is very pleasant to work/deal with.Lots of tips/advice, etc.Good luck!..Gary P

9-3sleeper
01-03-09, 07:12 PM
I have a Stage 3+ JZW tune, and it is great!!!...Runs like a biiiootch.:cheesy: Smooth at all rpm's range.No misses or anything.Make sure your car is on tip top shape.Im sure you are aware of this already.He is very pleasant to work/deal with.Lots of tips/advice, etc.Good luck!..Gary Pyeah he's a nice guy. I've been running the nordic that Im selling for months now and the car has done fine so Im guessing the car is good for the power.

I'll be looking at a stg 4 so if you're really happy with your 3+ Im sure I'll be good. :cheesy:

ParaMedic_Saab
01-03-09, 07:19 PM
I am ordering a stage 3+ tommorow just waiting for john to email me back :)

LJ[MaVErICK]
01-03-09, 07:43 PM
do you have to send your ecu in for him to tune it? and please do write a report it doesnt have to be long

comtrang
01-03-09, 07:48 PM
Unless you wanna make a trip up to Colorado :lol:.

Well he obviously has to have something to put the tune on so you can pick up a stock ECU from a junkyard or send him whatever one you're using now, if you can afford to have your car sit for a few days until turnaround.

LJ[MaVErICK]
01-03-09, 07:50 PM
Unless you wanna make a trip up to Colorado :lol:.

Well he obviously has to have something to put the tune on so you can pick up a stock ECU from a junkyard or send him whatever one you're using now, if you can afford to have your car sit for a few days until turnaround.

The junkyard sounds like a good idea. That way you can return the car to stock settings if you need too.

9-3sleeper
01-03-09, 08:00 PM
yeah Im really excited to get it, from what everyone is saying and from what he has said to me. I just need to sell this nordic tune to afford it.

Messinian900S
01-03-09, 11:44 PM
he's helped me out a ton besides a great tune. he'll do you right.

9-3sleeper
02-03-09, 01:17 AM
yeah I believe it. I'm really excited about the SID function too. That'll be fun.

if you know anybody looking for NOrdic for a steal let them know I'm getting rid of mine, I need to so I can start this JZW adventure!!!

I haven't been this excited since I was getting ready to buy the NOrdic... irony's a *****

Kip
02-03-09, 05:36 AM
Might be best to send him your current ECU, so he can see what Nordic have done and then tweak it from there.

lms
02-03-09, 07:45 AM
Just what is it that you think will change from nordics stage 4 to john's stage 4? Have you done anymore hardware changes?

Granted, I know everyone's tunes are different, and with a dyno you will be able to send your ecu back and forth for him to retune, but will there really big a huge difference to justify the money going from Nordic to John? Do his stage 4 tunes use the FPR that Nordic's tune need?

When you get his tune, post the dyno from nordics and then John's as it will be great to compare.

Have fun.

Cm452
02-03-09, 10:09 AM
If have all requisite hardware for a stage 3 +, but am still running a T25, can I eek out a little more by crushing the FPR? I know stg3+ will kill the T25, but dont intend on beating it so I presume it will last at least 20K-no?
-Cm

Phobs9-3s
02-03-09, 01:37 PM
I've got a nordic 3+, boosts over 20 PSI when i get after it, and the turbo is fine after 15k miles. Its got 142,000 on it now.

Satinsax
02-03-09, 01:51 PM
9-3sleeper - A friend just installed a Stage 5 JZW tune. Heard great things. If you don't mind me asking, What is the Nordic tune doing (or not) that the JZW will improve (solve). I have JSP Stage 4 (Happy with it).

Shirozina
02-03-09, 06:22 PM
What are you expecting in terms of performance gains with JSW over Nordic on an auto box?

Corn Cob
03-03-09, 10:31 AM
So I just posted my stg 4 nordic tune up for sale on ebay so that I can afford to get one of JZW tunes. I'm really interested to see how they differ. I may write a report to all you guys once I get it.

how do others that have the JZW tunes like them?

Well I guess you don't need to answer my PM, now I know you are keeping the car:cheesy:

9-3sleeper
04-03-09, 12:19 AM
Its not necessarily what the nordic isn't doing, I'd just like a bit more of a customizable set up. That in addition to all the great things I'm hearing about John's tunes and the fact that it's possibly within my budget to test makes it a golden situation.

I've spoken to John about the auto thing, I don't plan on making the car an outright monster that eats the tranny, but he's assured me that he's capable of tuning the auto a bit differently than that of nordic or bsr or whatever to something that may be a bit more my style. The fact that he guaranteed my satisfaction makes it a pretty safe venture, if anything its not going to be worse than the nordic so what do I have to lose?

I've really enjoyed my nordic tune, it turned my car into a whole different experience, but if I can get something that caters a bit more specifically to my driving style then I'm going to give it a try.

As for dynos... I have none around me to my knowledge and seeing as how Im still in college and trying to keep unneccessary spending to a minumum (this car being the biggest hinderance of that goal already) means that paying for a dyno run is out of the question.

Kip
04-03-09, 03:58 AM
Ah, now i understand!

1) Sell old ECU for 450 USD
2) Buy simular tune for 150 USD
3) Profit!

Chris 9-5
04-03-09, 06:32 AM
So should we delete the whole thread or just the eBay adverts :nono;

lms
04-03-09, 08:12 AM
Why would anyone buy a 450 nordic tune if they can get a cheaper one that supposedly is better?

9-3sleeper
04-03-09, 11:59 AM
an attempt to recoup some of my losses since I had to pay over $900 for nordic. Im sure many people still want nordic because it is a good tune, but Im looking for something more custom. I am beginning to see that the price is a bit too high so we'll see what I end up doing with that. And the price of Johns is $300... not $150. :roll:

Chris, no need to delete anything, Im posting a legitmate topic about saab performance and I informed people that if they were looking for a nordic tune I have one Im getting rid of; thats something people in this sort of community should be able to do at their leisure. I'm not spamming tons of info in attempts to sell my tune on the site, I only posted the link once and mentioned it one other time becuase I'm excited about the new one and I was bringing up what needed to be doen in order for me to get it.

that said if you're going to delete anything, I'd preferr that you just flat out ban me. I'll live...... over at saablink :D

Chris 9-5
04-03-09, 12:07 PM
Chris, no need to delete anything, Im posting a legitmate topic about saab performance and I informed people that if they were looking for a nordic tune I have one Im getting rid of; thats something people in this sort of community should be able to do at their leisure. I'm not spamming tons of info in attempts to sell my tune on the site, I only posted the link once and mentioned it one other time becuase I'm excited about the new one and I was bringing up what needed to be doen in order for me to get it.

that said if you're going to delete anything, I'd preferr that you just flat out ban me. I'll live...... over at saablink :D

You like everyone else signed up to the terms and conditons which expressly forbid advertising, and yet you link to your ebay advert........

And now you want me to ban you cos you are not often here - so this really is a way of raising potential interest in your ebay sale........?

All very odd!

9-3sleeper
04-03-09, 12:17 PM
I did not think that telling people what I was doing to my car, and showing them where they could get the original part was active advertising. I never tried to convince anyone to buy my tune, just told them they could if they so chose to, in that sense I am not promoting the tune, which is the exact definition of an advertisement. We all let each other know whats going on and as long as people don't push things like parts they're selling I don't think it should be viewed as such a big issue.

Kip
04-03-09, 02:43 PM
an attempt to recoup some of my losses since I had to pay over $900 for nordic. Im sure many people still want nordic because it is a good tune, but Im looking for something more custom. I am beginning to see that the price is a bit too high so we'll see what I end up doing with that. And the price of Johns is $300... not $150. :roll:

Ouch, I'd try to nudge him towards a discount then.

9-3sleeper
04-03-09, 09:57 PM
yeah, his T5 tune is only $200 so I get screwed once again for being T7.

LJ[MaVErICK]
04-03-09, 10:13 PM
yeah, his T5 tune is only $200 so I get screwed once again for being T7.

you dont really get screwed seeing as how you have no other choice ;)

9-3sleeper
04-03-09, 10:27 PM
coulda bought a T5, thats how I got skrewed.

but I still like it, there is plenty that can be done to a T7 car, it just takes more time and money. :x

Corn Cob
05-03-09, 11:57 PM
I did not think that telling people what I was doing to my car, and showing them where they could get the original part was active advertising. I never tried to convince anyone to buy my tune, just told them they could if they so chose to, in that sense I am not promoting the tune, which is the exact definition of an advertisement. We all let each other know whats going on and as long as people don't push things like parts they're selling I don't think it should be viewed as such a big issue.

Boy howdy rebel! Keep talking like that and they will send the ein satz gruppen after you!

Just kidding the real nazi's are at saabnet.

rc89pl
06-03-09, 07:27 AM
Can't you just send the Nordic back to Nick and ask him to put all desired changes on it?

LJ[MaVErICK]
06-03-09, 08:42 AM
well it would be used and he would lose money on it. It's not like you borrow it from him until you get a different tune.

ParaMedic_Saab
06-03-09, 05:37 PM
mine should be here by the end of next week :) ;););)