SaabCentral Forums banner

Ticking from under the dash.. I hope its not a bomb

665 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Lukacic 
#1 ·
Driving into town today, I had the heat on. I turned it off, and when it was off, there was an audible, rhythmic clicking on the second (click....click....click...click....click) coming from beneath the dash. It sounded as though it was coming from the center heater vent, but I couldn't pinpoint it. When I turn the heat back on, the clicking goes away, and not because I can't hear it over the whoosh of the heaters, it just stopped. The clicking didn't speed up or slow down depending on how fast I'm going. I put the heat on and off on and off. Once every few times, it would make a short whirring noise.. then go back to click...click...click...click...click... Not sure what this is, or if I should be worried about it. (of course the clicking gets annoying after a while:confused:) Has anyone encountered this? I'm guessing its something to do with the heating system. Thanks!

#3 ·
Do the slef diagnostic test on the ACC, ignition on select VENT and AUTO simultaneously and the ACC will self diagnose for faults. If 00 shows up then no electrical faults. If a number shows up select VENT for each fault and write down the displayed codes or go to a dealer for diagnosis.If no electrical faults show up then one of the vent motors is probably breaking physically which is not diagnosed by the self test.

#4 ·
It is most likely the Cabin Air Sensor.. Thats the litte round vent on the instrument panel underneath the seat heater functions.... the best way to tell if it is after you drive your car with the ac on, to turn off the car, take the key out and wait about 4-5 mins.... if the clicking stops after this time, it's it!

Best way to fix is to take out the acc panel (pry it out carefully from the console with a flathead screwdriver), disconnect cables from acc unit, pry out the air cabin sensor vent from the console (same process as before) and then reach thru the acc hole and pull out the sensor (after u dissconnect the cables from it ofcourse!)... Spray a decent amount of wd-40 in the little fan unit and test it out!:D Hope i explained it well enough!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.