SaabCentral Forums banner

92 Alarm problem

971 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Jeff325 
#1 ·
I have a 1992 Saab 9000 with an alarm issue. More often then not the alarm does not engage when locked with a key, but sometimes it does, the real problem is now it is engaged and wont disengage. Thus, I cannot drive my car until I figure out how to turn it off.

I have talked to some people and they said it was a microswitch inside the door, great. Is there a way to just unplug the alarm all together, is there a fuse I can take out or something. I could care less if the alarm works, I just want to be able to drive :)

Any input would be great. If there is a way to just unplug the alarm all together please let me know.

Thank You.

#2 · (Edited)
Bypassing the Alarms starting circuit imobilization

I have the info to help you out on this.

First, check and inspect the switches and grounds on all of the 4 door switches, and the one for the hood. A faulty switch can cause alarm problems.

Another thing is, the door lock on the driver's side has the micro switch that activates/deactivates the alarm system.

The alarm module itself has a starting relay inhibitor in it that once its set off will not allow the car to start from 0-15 minutes by not allowing power to get to the starter motor.

A work around for this is to remove the module - located on the right passenger side right below the glove box and vent on the dash.

Then look for a Yellow/White wire - Pin #9 and a Yellow wire Pin #1 on the wiring harness connector for the alarm module. To complete the starting circuit you will need to jumper these two pins together.

Another way is to find connector H10-1 and jump pins 5 and 6 together. This would do the same thing as above, by completely bypassing the alarm immobilizer circuit. I'd have to take a photo of this connector and the location of it.

I sent a PM to you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.