SaabCentral Forums banner

Car hitting Fuel cut - I think, Opinions and help please!

652 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  cambscarcrewsaab 
#1 ·
Hi guys, just got back from a roughly 230 mile round trip to oxford...

On the way back it developed an interesting fault - if I gave it a fair bit of welly, it would start accelerating hard as the turbo kicked in, then it would hesitate really badly, until settling back into hard acceleration.

On closer inspection it appears my boost needle is going right into the red zone, then as the car cuts out briefly it drops back to between the yellow and red where it usually sits on full blow and stays there.

so should I be thinking APC? Wastegate? any ideas are appreciated thanks!

Oh as a side note, I fitted an induction kit last week and my exhaust is blowing now, not sure if these make any difference at all...

Thanks

Lewis

#2 ·
I haven't had this problem, the exact opposite in fact (currently stuck in base boost with 1.45 BAR stage 3 TANTALISINGLY close under my bonnet-went out with the wastegate hose not attached today and it FLEW, making easily 1.5 BAR, now want that all the time...) just keeping the thread alive, but from what I read massive boost spikes are often attributed to the actuator. However, that always seems to be when people are running higher boost levels. If you're still on stock boost I don't know how likely that is...

Get hold of another APC from a mate I'd say, see what that does. Or run it through with carburetter (don't think I've ever had to spell that in my life) cleaner and see if it improves anything.

#4 ·
OK, so I tried a second hand APC,

Yes, its definitely an APC problem, no overboosting now...

In fact, nothing but base boost now, how boring... looks like I gotta find another WORKING apc now, still, at least I know what it is, I figure I may as well try cleaning out the old one, worth a shot!

Lewis

#5 ·
Awesome-well easily fixed one way or another. And base boost is deeply boring-I've just got back from a trip to Scotland so tomorrow is the first time I'll be able to look at the car and try to work out what's causing it. The person I got the APC off tells me it worked 100% in his car about 3 days before I tried it, and I trust his word, so I'm hoping for a blown fuse or something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.