SaabCentral Forums banner

Can't Turn TCS Off Sometimes

511 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  YoungSaaber 
#1 ·
Hi all,

When my '95 Saab 9000 Aero turns on I get the following lights that stay on for approximately 1 minute until they disappear.

Break Fluid
ABS Break
TCS Off

(Also Check Engine displays for a second followed by Check Radiator Fluid which also disappears in a couple seconds) (Where the MPG bars are)

I usually wait a couple minutes until I start driving because I read it is better for the turbocharger (helps it last longer) if you let the engine run for a while before you start pumping exhaust through the turbo. These lights never come on except for start off. This does not concern me as much as the subject of this post.

Sometimes when I press the button to turn off the traction control (TCS) nothing happens. Usually this will happen after I have been driving over 45mph, right when I turn the car on, or when the TCS has been activated during driving. Has anybody had similar experience with the TCS switch not always working?

Usually if I wait several minutes, whether after idling or driving, the TCS switch will suddenly work and I can turn the TCS off again.

Is this normal?

Thanks guys

See less See more
#2 ·
Well the check engine and check radiator lights coming on for a couple of seconds is totally normal-I've owned 3 and learnt in a 4th 9000 and they all did that on start up. As for not driving for a couple of minutes, I don't think it's a problem to drive, just avoid boosting until it's warmed up a bit.

As for the lights staying on, no idea I'm afraid, just thought I'd give a bit of info on what I did know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.