SaabCentral Forums banner

DI Casette Replacement??

565 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  17790 
#1 ·
Hello all,
My 9k has a good battery in it, but stated losing charge. With a boost, she started just fine. Lately, though, the car looses all power in stop/go traffic at least a couple times. Once or twice, started back up fine. Once or thrice, no dice. Then, today, in stop/go traffic on I275 downtown Tampa ;oops:, the same loss of power, then complete stop, with no luck getting her moving again. On the restart, just idles, with seemingly no fuel power and sputtering. Won't move and had to have it towed. The car started once I got it home, but continues to do nothing when pressing for fuel...no tach movement, nothing, just spitter sputter. The battery cable seemed bad (when adjusting the cable, I noticed an increase/decrease in car's electrical charge, but as I said, now a boost does not bring her back to life). If I replace the battery cables, put in new plugs, and have DI cassette replaced, what do yall think the odds are she will be fine. Any help is of course much appreciated. Thanks.
dick

#2 ·
Jumper fuse 14 to 22 without the key in ignition and listen in the trunk area for the fuel pump to turn. It will eliminate or confirm if you have a problem with the fuel pump. I suspect if it is the DI, the car will not fire at all.

#3 ·
As above poster has mentioned, start by testing your pump then move on to the other things on your list but do one at a time in order to pinpoint what was the cause of the problem. could save you some $$ and time that way.

#6 ·
dick9000 said:
anyone have a detailed description of events leading up to the death of a direct ignition? generally, what series of events typically occur prior to spending $300?
In my experience, (two dead DI's)

Case 1: Your DI will suddenly fail with no warning whatsoever
Case 2: You will get pronounced "bucking" under hard acceleration. And you would understand the term "bucking" if it was happening to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.