SaabCentral Forums banner

contition of an old turbo?

535 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  899000turbo 
#1 ·
Hey all

right now Im looking at a 1996 saab 9000 CSE with 195k on it. according to the owner the saab was maintenced and has maintence records available. addition to that he claims that the oil was changed ever 3-3.5k miles. and just did pulleys, belt ,tensioner, and thermostat. and that the fual and water pump have been replaced. I sent him an email asking him what condition the clutch is in, but I was wondering how well the turbo would be holding up?

any saab guys here ever experience any turbo problems when they purchased a high mileage saab? I remember reading that on old Supras that the turbine blades could often be worn and chipped. would I be expecting a problem of sorts?

Thanks to any who can help
Freddy

P.S
Its a 5spd and this car would be my first stick shift to learn on. I know that old/worn clutch could be a problem, but would I be putting the turbo under any sort of stress caused by a novice?

P.S.S

addition to dealing with an old turbo, any other parts relating to the turbo that could pose a potential problem?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.