SaabCentral Forums banner

EDU question

663 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  computek 
#1 ·
I have a question on my 90 9000S. My EDU in the dash shows the mileage bar graph, Temp, Voltage work just fine however the mpg shows 99.9 at all times.:eek: My fuel guage is just fine and so is the speedometer. My ABS light is on and my SRS on the pictogram is too but are the only other issues in the dash. ABS light is most likely a sensor on one of the wheels (need the correct ohm ranges for that, anyone?) and the SRS is likely the horn ring (an around tuit thing). Is there a sensor or something I can check to fix this. Or is it due to one of the ABS sensors? Also the dad burned shift up light has a mind of it's own it seems. Personally I am going to put a micro switch to turn that thing off, it want's fourth gear around 27-30 mph! I'm just still stamping out bugs on my car. Thanks to all..... John

#6 ·
Ok readers. Jeff325 sent me a procedure that works. Hold the "R" button down and then turn the key on. When you let the "R" button loose and start the car you get 3 dashes. Well 20 ft later going forward I got mileage! Woohoo!!

Had a little fun hypermiling on the way home, 25.6 in town. :cheesy:

Your mileage may vary Hahahaha.

Hope this helps someone else...... John

#7 ·
Interesting route he went. All you have to do it just hold "R" down for about 5 seconds and it will reset too. 25.6 in town isn't too bad. I usually get about 28 in the city in the summer if I try hard. I can then usually get about 35 on the freeway.

#9 ·
That's interesting. We both have a 1990, and all I have to do it hold it down for about 5 seconds and it will change. Try holding it for like, 10 seconds or longer and see if it will work. I usually reset it while I am driving down the freeway to see what kind of freeway mileage I can get.

#10 ·
lol norse gods thats funny me and my friend just got a 7mgte supra running and we where cracking jokes about appeasing the supra gods with all the blood we have shed for that car (literally ive got huge cuts on my hands working on this supra) i guess its the same for saab maybe if i make a blood sacrfise for the saab my clutch slave will stop leaking and all will be good lol
joe

#11 ·
twistedshadows said:
lol norse gods thats funny me and my friend just got a 7mgte supra running and we where cracking jokes about appeasing the supra gods with all the blood we have shed for that car (literally ive got huge cuts on my hands working on this supra) i guess its the same for saab maybe if i make a blood sacrfise for the saab my clutch slave will stop leaking and all will be good lol
joe
Yup, Now I just have to find the god over sticky clutch pedals myself. At least I have a Saab tech bulletin on that:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.