SaabCentral Forums banner

92 9000 5spd leaking tranny oil

499 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jeff325 
#1 ·
My sister in law has this car and when she was coming home last night, she said the clutch pedal would not come off the floor after she shifted into 2nd. While she tried to get the clutch pedal out, it started screaming. I got the car home to look at it and the transmission oil was low so I added some and it started leaking at the engine/tranny connection. It seems like the clutch is engaged and the pedal is still on the floor. Does anyone have any input? I did not have any luck using the searching. thanks

#2 ·
Things to check.

Did you check the brake fluid reservoir? The clutch pedal to the floor would not indicate low oil level in the transmission.

A clutch pedal to the floor indicates a loss of pressure in the clutch line, or a blown master or slave cylinder.

If the brake fluid reservoir level is lower than the clutch master cylinder feed line, there is a leak in the system somewhere. Is there brake fluid dripping from between the engine and transmission? Does the rubber portion of the main clutch like its blown or leaking fluid? Is there brake fluid dripping/leaking around the master cylinder inside the car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.