Transmission cooler? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Transmission cooler?

tdrudd87
08-02-09, 11:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm working on how hard to push my stg 3 HOT auto, have a few questions on saving the trans.

Has anyone tried additional fluid coolers with sucess? I don't know how hot this one runs right now, but they are "have to have" on the rwd v8 trannies I'm used to working on.

How do the auto trans fail when they go? do they burn bands or break gears and shafts?

Any known weak gears or failure points?

Thanks!!!

Cm452
08-02-09, 11:59 PM
when auto's go-they go big bands, which causes the gears to eat themselves, etc.
Try it!
-Cm

Blue Bird
09-02-09, 10:25 AM
I think a trans cooler would be a great idea, has any one done it or have pics. also would a 4inch or 31/2inch downpipe to a smaller diameter exuast make the power band different, wouldnt it make it slower off the start and then the power would come on strong later, kinda like the way a 2 stroke dirtbike power band works. Would that help or no, probably not im new to this stuff so i dont no!

SaabLV93
09-02-09, 01:33 PM
i've got one from B&M sittin on the floor with a fan and switch sittin on the floor in the garage. i was planning on putting it on the right wheel fender well where the resonator box used to be. haven't got around to it since the weather's been cold, but i'll def do it before this vegas summer comes around. i was planning on doing that and an oil cooler as well. i'll take pics and post whenever i get around to it. good luck on whatever you do.

Blue Bird
09-02-09, 09:01 PM
Wow stage 4 plus on an auto do you no what u can do in the 1/4mile yet saab lv93?