Clearing corner lamps [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Clearing corner lamps

KHartmeier
2nd February 2009, 11:39 PM
Hey how do you clear out the side corner lamps on a NG900 if there yellow?
And does anyone have a good step by step instruction on how to remove fog lights?

LJ[MaVErICK]
2nd February 2009, 11:56 PM
go on genuinesaab.com and buy the clear ones. and replace them. 160 + shipping all together i think.

saabchilten
3rd February 2009, 12:49 AM
you can do that, but i actually really like how the DOT lenses are totally clear without the reflectors, and you get to keep the front reverse bulb (though it looks like it could be drilled into the e code housings).

quite honestly, it's all in just removing one screw holding the housing on, pulling it straight out, unlatching both bulbs, and going to work on it. you need a really long screwdriver, and putting tape on the ends will keep you from marring part of the housing like i did. if i remember, the best place to get leverage on the reflector was in the center, either at the top or the bottom (assuming positioning as if in the car). lever in the screwdriver, work to one of the corners of the reflector, and gently twist it. both my reflectors popped off in one piece. then either wire cutters or pruning shears (if you can fit them in far enough) will do to break the reflector into little pieces and remove it though the hole for one of the bulbs. clean out the dust, refit the bulbs, put the housing back in place, and screw it back in being careful not to lose the screw somewhere in the engine bay.

sailorcolin
3rd February 2009, 10:57 AM
my friend stuck his lamps in the oven for like 5 mins at a low temp and it heated the sealant enough so that he could take the lense off and when he did that he removed the yellow reflector and then just resealed it and put it back together, there is a guy somewhere online or on here that did that and he has steps on how to do it.

Troll_speed
3rd February 2009, 11:46 AM
.....there is a guy somewhere online or on here that did that and he has steps on how to do it.

This? ericsaabsite.com/Appearance/ClearTurns.html (http://www.ericsaabsite.com/Appearance/ClearTurns.html)