Weekend Mods!! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Weekend Mods!!

john-w
11th March 2002, 02:01 PM
Carried out a few simple mods this weekend, removed the IC to clean it out and decided to have-a-go at the airbox (8v) while the IC was in soak!! I drilled 3 30mm holes in the casing that points towards the IC so hopefully should have a bit more available air at my disposal!! Refitted the IC after getting all of the muck out, so should see an improvement there also!

Just got my Airflow kit back from the paintshop had it painted bodycolour (black) so as soon as the bits & pieces arrive from the dealer this week, I should be able to get the kit on the car!!

All as I need to sort out now is why I am only getting base boost!!!

rich
11th March 2002, 05:24 PM
john

i too have been thinking of getting my airflow kit painted in body colour....
where did you get it done and how much did it cost (if you don't mind me asking)?
did you take it all off for the paintshop (so to speak....), or did they do some bits on the car?

rich

john-w
11th March 2002, 07:55 PM
I got the kit off a parts car i bought, i just had to remove my bumpers so they could be painted, all the rest was in the boot.
Cost me 200 inc paint/materials

Smackrazor
12th March 2002, 01:08 AM
I still need aluminum piping... I've been driving around with an open air filter attached to the AMM which is still on the original rubber and is held up with some flimsy picture hanging wire.

So if anyone knows where I can get piping tell me! (ps hardware stores don't have it)