SAAB 9000 driving/fog lights [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: SAAB 9000 driving/fog lights

Billicar
19-08-03, 01:32 PM
I have a 1990 SAAB 9000 CDS. Recently I acquired a couple of driving/fog lights which I have mounted in the front spoiler. I have the dashboard switch and connectors plus a couple of spare relays. What is the best/easiest way to wire these in? Unfortunately the Haynes manual is not too helpful with the relevant circuit diagram.

LES

Simon
20-08-03, 03:49 AM
Saab do supply just the wiring harness. Not sure exactly how much it would be, but I would have thought somewhere in the region of 30.

Rhich
20-08-03, 11:23 AM
Did you happen to check and see if the harness is already in the car?
I have had a couple 9000 and everything was there already, just had to add a switch, relay and the lights....
If you need help with the harness diagrams I could copy them for you and either e-mail or fax to you.
look real close just below your grill...
Good Luck.....

jim_mcghee
28-08-03, 04:11 PM
hi, was the harness in the car? i am going to do the same, if I can!

BurnsSide42
28-08-03, 07:00 PM
mine had the harness, but it looks like it had the fog lights too, and they musta been stolen at some point by the look of things. But atleast i have new ones :)

Billicar
01-09-03, 09:05 AM
Unfortunately, the wiring harness was not in the car. I therefore had to wire these in myself - quite a big job! Glovebox and fuse/relay board out, dash cover out. Managed to use the space for the 'extra' relay and rewired it to a spare on the fuse board. Wired the switch to the main beam feed and took a wire from the output of the relay to the 2 spots. . . .not easy!

gundam_007
02-09-03, 10:00 AM
Hey anyone know the kit #'s for any after market replacements for the fog lights as mine are broke due to nrew rock laid down on a certain road I used to use alot. 1 lens shattered and 1 bulb along with it and the other blew out today. :cry: :(

jim_mcghee
02-09-03, 05:07 PM
are they not just standard Hella fogs?
you could probably get any, i think after a certain strength they are against the law

gundam_007
03-09-03, 10:32 AM
Yes they are Hellas but I know or rather have heard of people using aftermarket to keep the cost down (due to the position of the lights and them breaking often) So has anyone tried the Blazer kits or any other aftermarket companies?

gundam_007
03-09-03, 10:35 AM
Yes they are Hellas but I know or rather have heard of people using aftermarket to keep the cost down (due to the position of the lights and them breaking often) So has anyone tried the Blazer kits or any other aftermarket companies?

D. Wolfe
03-09-03, 12:09 PM
The Blazer kits are sold at Walmart and will fit the standard 9000 underbumper lamp holders. You take the bulbs and make your connections then turn the lens frames that come with the kit inside out and they secure the lens in place while fitting flush to the lamp holders. You will have to drill two holes in the kit lens frames to position properly. The kit(includes sealed bulbs, frames, lamp holders and wiring/switch) is a whopping $15.00

I put these on my 9000 and they look just like the Hella lamps at a very economical price.