What is a good performance muffler that isn't too quite [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: What is a good performance muffler that isn't too quite

Swedish Sled
16th August 2003, 06:59 PM
I am looking for a 3" in/out muffler that is throaty and has some good noise to it and isn't too quite. Also it needs to be good performance with not much back pressure. What should I get? What have others bought?? I have a jt downpipe and a 3in catco cat to go along with the muffler I buy.
Thanks
Dylan

Saab-Daniel
16th August 2003, 11:33 PM
well, I've got the JT-system all the way with one muffler and that is it...
The sound is very nice, and I too have a forger BOV mounted... A system that really gives you value for money and that deep wroooring sound...
Daniel.

Nuts
17th August 2003, 01:19 PM
I've got an Abbott exhaust, it's expensive :! But it does sound quite nice :! 8)

Large portion - Abbott S/S Exhaust (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stnuts/900/namcoII_parp.mp3) (mp3 - 77.3Kb)

Oh, and it's Stainless steel...

IMHO with the 3inch downpipe you have - you won't notice any difference going larger than 2.5 inch for the rest of the system - Unless you have over 300hp :-??

87SPGIN
17th August 2003, 07:41 PM
i have all mild steel system with original down pipe and all but i have a borla replacing the stock quieter and its a nice deep throaty sound for sure you may want to put a tail pipe on yours?

GM
21st August 2003, 09:31 AM
ahhhh, my first post !

Anyways, I use a magnaflow muffler on 1 f my SPG's. They cost $80ish & have 3 in in/out. If stainless is what you want they are closer to $100.

My other SPG uses a glasspack which works OK considering they are $20 but I get a annoying resonance at 3K & this car uses 2.5 turbo back vs my other cars 3 in turbo back system.

I have used no muffler a few times which sounds great but there is a lot of backfiring that goes on.

So far, I prefer tha magnaflow setup the best!