Apexi S-AFC [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Apexi S-AFC

stephen9000T
15th August 2003, 11:56 AM
Hey everyone,
My first post here. I've been on TSN for some time. Has anyone ever installed the APexi s-afc on a 9000T? I am mostly concerned with the DI/APC cars. :-??

The reason I am asking is I tried to install an Apexi S-Afc to be able to fine tune the A/F on my 92 9K and run larger injectors. I was going to have it dyno tuned. Unfortunately the check engine light came on after a while of driving. I know I have it installed properly. I think the problem stems from what the AFC reads as Throttle position signal. The DI/LH 9000s see TP and 0V at idle and 10V at WOT. It appears the AFC can only see 5.115V max. Bummer. The manual does not indicate that anywhere however.

As far as I know, I am the first to try and install this on a 9K.

Oh well. I guess I will have to think about if I might want to do stand alone sometime in the future.

mattfaulks
18th August 2003, 04:04 PM
I've done it on my 900. See www.faulksperformance.co.uk/build.htm for pics. Easiest solution is to turn off throttle sensing and simply map the AFC from the 'high' map.

Cheers
Matt

stephen9000T
18th August 2003, 04:44 PM
Where do I go into the menu to remove the Throttle sensing?

Matthew
18th August 2003, 06:08 PM
Dunno if it'll help but you can find the Apexi documentation here:
http://www.apexi-usa.com/documentation.asp

mattfaulks
18th August 2003, 06:11 PM
Under settings theres an option to set throttle posistion whether it be - to + (up arrow), + to - (down arrow) or no TPS (/). Set it to no TPS and map it purely on the High throttle map.

CHeers
Matt

stephen9000T
18th August 2003, 06:46 PM
So do I remove the wire that I now have connected to the TPS wire?

mattfaulks
18th August 2003, 07:23 PM
You can do or you can leave it connected and just turn of TPS in the menu. If you leave it connected it will still register on the sensor check in the ETC menu but won't influence the Map.

Cheers
Matt

stephen9000T
18th August 2003, 08:39 PM
THanks for the tip. I will try that. Now I just have to clear the check engine light and go frm there. I will let you know how it goes in a couple days.