Christmas! ESP, ABS, brake, & allert lights [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Christmas! ESP, ABS, brake, & allert lights

toml
09-12-08, 01:54 PM
I have an 02' aero 5 speed, this morning while driving in slippery conditions I got a christmas tree of lights consisting of the ESP, ABS, Brake and allert lights on the dash. After about 20 more miles all the lights went out. Does the car store any codes for this? there are no lights on the dash light up now. Any ideas as to what it might be? I am thinking a wheel speed sensor on the way out.

Al's Red Wagon
09-12-08, 04:08 PM
Hmm.. Wheel sensor? You may be right.

Do the alert lights come on when those systems are used? Like if your vehicle uses the ESP does it flash a light at you? I don't know because I don't have this...

When my ABS module went on me the lights were ittermitant at first, and the speedo still worked...Then the speedo went and I called up BBA reman for an ABS module rebuild...

toml
09-12-08, 09:03 PM
any one have this? it is the pressure sensor screwed in to the abs module

Al's Red Wagon
09-12-08, 09:21 PM
Hmm... This is a new one..

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa261/aljachimiak/brakepressuresensor.jpg

Kermit
10-12-08, 04:09 AM
Saab codes start with a P.

toml
10-12-08, 10:37 AM

I don't know enough about the codes say one way or the other what they usually start with but this one does not start with a P. I have a friend who has tech 2 and he scanned it for me so I saw it my self. My friend said he has never seen this particular code before so he has to look it up.

Al's Red Wagon
10-12-08, 10:42 AM

Hmm... I looked up this code and found it in the brake section...It did mention the brake pressure sensor... In fact I didn't know such a thing existed until I looked the code up. I believe P stands for Powertrain, The ACC codes (01....08) show up on the Tech II with a B prefix...