Help! Just Installed MBC, Runs Rich, Hits Fuel Cut Off, BOV Honk, CEL [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Help! Just Installed MBC, Runs Rich, Hits Fuel Cut Off, BOV Honk, CEL

suicide bobb
09-12-08, 12:47 AM
I just got my mbc in the mail today, and installed it without any adjustments. Took her out for a spin, and OMG is it fast! However, i noticed that it is running rich, and it hits the fuel cutoff on full throttle or more than half throttle in any gear (except for first, cuz i get no traction :D ). I twisted the valve the other way to check for any differences, and they were minute if any. Still hit fuel cutoff, stil running rich. Then, as I was pulling into my driveway, the check engine light went on. My engine is stock, except for the stock BPV to BOV mod, which, btw, honks often when the turbo spools and rpms rise. My guess is that my BOV and O2 Sensor have gone bad, the former being the only one that i could fix myself. Any ideas? Please answer asap, i have to drive to school tomorrow and i don't want my Saab dying on me.

Thanks,

Dylan

suicide bobb
09-12-08, 12:49 AM
Also,

My temp gauge always rises up to right between hot and cold, and stays there, so unless the gauge gets stuck at that spot, i don't think my engine is overheating.

suicide bobb
09-12-08, 02:11 AM
Woops! My mistake. I just solved my own problem :D

I'm ******* retarded though. Seriously. I disconnected the hoses at the turbo and waste gate, not at the apc end, so i ended up in essence running my car with no boost controller, thus giving me max boost at all time :nono; Fixed her up, tuned it, and she's running fine :) I still am getting the honk and CEL though, although I'm sure the CEL will go away, and I'll do my own research about the honk, unless someone wants to give me some quick advice/tutorial.

Thanks anyways and sorry if I wasted anybody's time!