2006-2008 9-5 Safety Recall 15204 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 2006-2008 9-5 Safety Recall 15204

detroitsaab93
28-11-08, 05:47 PM
I received this in the mail today and set my appt. up for next Friday. My dealer wasn't sure if he had the parts in yet though. He's going to call me on Monday to confirm.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x26/derek0609/Recall_0001.jpg

Wulf
29-11-08, 11:36 PM
I received one in the mail as well but I am not rushing to dealer to get it replaced. How can your head hit the A-pillar when you're wearing seat belts and have airbags?

detroitsaab93
30-11-08, 08:29 AM
I received one in the mail as well but I am not rushing to dealer to get it replaced. How can your head hit the A-pillar when you're wearing seat belts and have airbags?

I agree Wulf, I am just getting it done on Friday since I will be off from work all day.

Route 17
01-12-08, 11:17 PM
During an oil change last Friday at the dealer, the service advisor recommended that I get the recall done and I did. But the new trim on the A pillar does not seem any different.

mfong
08-01-09, 03:24 PM
During an oil change last Friday at the dealer, the service advisor recommended that I get the recall done and I did. But the new trim on the A pillar does not seem any different.

I just went to the stealership for the recall, and I did see a difference in trim. It was cleaner :cool:, but it was harder to the touch. I think they just it with a plastic shell, and it has a brand new cloth over it. I think.

--Michael

B~P
08-01-09, 04:30 PM
the dealer broke the plastic holder clip by the left a-pillar when they did the recall on my car. didn't realize it until i tried to put my dry cleaning ticket under there and it just fell off. :evil:

it also seems harder to me than the previous a-pillar. and i agree your head shouldn't come in contact with the a-pillar during an accident, but you never know. not sure how making it harder than what was there previously improves safety. :confused:

numbersix
09-01-09, 01:23 AM
I'm having it done tomorrow as I'm taking it in for an oil change. I'll take pics if anyone's interested.

ski
09-01-09, 01:58 AM
i know a guy who works at a saab dealship, he said the only difference was two small pieces of padding were added around the middle of the pillar, I have yet to get it done because like said above how the hell is my head going to contact the a pillar. I would have to be going through the windshield for it to happen and if thats the case, the a-pillar padding isnt what i need to worry about :P