viggen brakes [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: viggen brakes

goincb89
02-11-08, 11:16 PM
hi I need to replace my brakes (all rotors and pads) and my question is where can i find relatively inexpensive but quality rotors that are at least slotted like the stock ones, would pep boys have therm? maybe ebay? im trying to ovoid the dealer at all costs.
thanks

lms
03-11-08, 11:08 AM
Genuine saab.

gorillajin
03-11-08, 04:01 PM
i heard that if you put viggen rotor, caliper, and brake, your stock 15 or 16" rim might not fit...so make sure it fits before you buy them.

lms
03-11-08, 04:02 PM
Based on his sig. I would say he has a viggen?

galaendewagen
03-11-08, 05:00 PM
Has anyone ever bought the ebay viggen brakes? Slotted or drilled? They look nice but i know looks can be decieving...

goincb89
03-11-08, 05:03 PM
i figured genuine saab would be a good choice im looking at 350 for all the rotors and ideas on pad types it seems everyone likes their own choice of the many out there im looking for low dust/noise and a good quality fade free bite

Cm452
03-11-08, 06:32 PM
Hawk HPS, silent, 0 dust, and I mean it. They stop well, but do their job best when they are warmed up.
-Cm

SRP
13-11-08, 08:45 PM
Buy some brembo's for an 00-01 9-5 aero of eEuro. If you really "need" slotted hit up GS for the same bremob's + slotting.

mr rx-7 tt
13-11-08, 10:46 PM
I found this site a while back...

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/brakes/Items/Combo%20Rotors221?sck=3061685

goincb89
16-11-08, 10:16 PM
so i ended up buying the genuine saab rotors front and back with hawk hps pads. works well and it stops nicely, one thing though that bothered me was the brembo rear rotors's grooves were were cut so that Both the left and right side grooves faced foward but the front vig rotors were oem and not directionally slotted so one one side of my car the slots go in opposite directions. as im anal about my car i will be replacing this in the future. *to anyone going to be replaceing their viggen rotors--> after looking a bit more genuine saab's 308mm 9-5 discs can be directionally slotted and fit the viggen*

also it seems the brembo rear rotors have alot of the brake surface not in contact by the pads ~ 20-30% anyone fit larger calipers in the rear to fix this?

NickTaliaferro
17-11-08, 10:06 AM
Yeah its odd how the factory sells them in pairs, they have both patterns but they still make them wrong. :( I was mad that my Vig when new had wrong rotors on it. But they are all like that. Thats Why I go to the trouble of machining them "right" Not really a functional thing.

For the rears,
300mm Upgrade is sweet. If you look hard enough you can find used calipers and use my custom lines. Or I sell new ones.
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/images/300mmkit.jpg

SRP
19-11-08, 12:03 AM
I was going to pick all the parts up used from a junk yard to convert to the 9-5 Aero 300 mm rear brakes... But in the end it only turned out being like $20 more to get all new stuff from Nick. :cool: