is it really that insulated??? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: is it really that insulated???

Drew'sSaab
30th October 2008, 11:11 AM
ok....i installed my audio system in my 900se the other day....i have 2 kicker 10inch subs in a vented box with a 500w JL amp....and i swear im not crazy...but outside the car you dont hear a damn thing....or feel anything...nothing rattles either and the subs are hitting HARD...but when ur inside the car ...forget about ur ears are gonna start bleeding soon....is the car that insulated that well that nothing gets out???...all i can hear is a lil bit of the tweeters....im just amazed on how instualted the trunk area is that none of the sound vibrations make it outside the car....has anyone experienced this?

drew

Owen423
30th October 2008, 11:15 AM
Saab isnt a quality Euro brand for no reason ;)

Owen

Drew'sSaab
30th October 2008, 11:26 AM
ok so im not crazy....cause when i turned the system on for the first time...and had my friend listen to it....we were like where is all the bass and stuff...and we get in the car...we go deaf...he was like...ppl pay alot of money for dynamat for that to be...and u dont even need to do anything....lol

drew

Leviazwn
30th October 2008, 11:34 AM
Hahaha yes ACOUSTICS. Are your subs facing the seats or the rear of the car (when in the trunk)? If you point them UP, the sound bouces off the rear hatch window directly towards the approximate head-level of the passengers. This is how my 4 6x9s and 1 sub (600 watts total) are arranged, and you dont hear MUCH outside the car. Except for an annoying rattle I have in the doors, but whatever:cool:. The carpet in the trunk does most of the sound-deadening, actually works quite well.

Unless of course you install 2 10" tweeters in the back of your car (auditorium loudspeakers) and hook those up to 300 watts each. Talk about being deaf... the guy driving behind you will hear it. That was a fun day haha:cheesy:

Drew'sSaab
30th October 2008, 11:38 AM
their facing the rear of the car....yea its not often that an audio thread makes it on here

Drew'sSaab
30th October 2008, 11:39 AM
yea i have no rattle at all...i like it...no one knows i have anything in there when im driving around town....on occasion like i said...on a very hard beat drop....ill get a license plate rattle...but not often at all...

drew

Darren900
30th October 2008, 11:42 AM
yea i have no rattle at all...i like it...no one knows i have anything in there when im driving around town....on occasion like i said...on a very hard beat drop....ill get a license plate rattle...but not often at all...

drew

Behold one of my favorite things about a Saab: lack of rattle :cool: (on most of them anyway)

coreyeroc
30th October 2008, 12:32 PM
yep - I have 2x12 kicker subs, 500w amp, 6x9's, 3.5's and 5 1/4 in the doors. I hear almost nothing outside of the car. Though I DID have to put a small piece of foam up underneath the license plate cause it rattled a little bit. Noise free..

a heavy hatchback lid, accompanied with the gas shocks that force the hatch down, results in no trunk rattle - as opposed to little hondas that have a 20lb trunk lid with hardly any support = rattleing trunk, not to mention every other part in the car;.

9-3Pilot
30th October 2008, 02:40 PM
a friend of mine owned an older(early 90s) BMW 3 series and put in a 12" alpine type-r. when he turned it up the entire car shook and vibrated, especially the trunk lid. I think at one point, he blew out a window because of the thing.:o