That part inside the left front fender well by the side marker [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: That part inside the left front fender well by the side marker

badgerking
29th October 2008, 11:53 PM
I give.

I've been looking at the resources I have and the exploded parts diagrams and cannot come up with the name or function of that part inside the left front fender well by the side marker. You'd have to remove the shroud to see it.

Anyway, I ask because mine is filthy dirty (caked with mud and dirt) due to the shroud being broken and the PO driving down country roads, and the one on my parts car is just a little dusty so I'm planning on swapping them but I sure would like to know what the heck it is.

Thanks,
Todd

badgerking
30th October 2008, 12:10 AM
Nevermind, found it... of all things, it appears to be a horn used by the anti-theft system. Who'd have figured.

Darren900
30th October 2008, 09:50 AM
It's a tribute to the engineers that the siren continues to work even after being abused like that. BTW, I didn't think the 94 had a siren?? I thought it just used the main car horn??

Jeremy R.
30th October 2008, 10:02 AM
All the NG900s have a separate alarm horn. It sounds like a regular horn, but it's not nearly as loud or annoying when you lock or unlock your doors.

Darren900
30th October 2008, 10:38 AM
All the NG900s have a separate alarm horn. It sounds like a regular horn, but it's not nearly as loud or annoying when you lock or unlock your doors.
The 94 had no remote and hence no honking on lock/unlock. That would explain why I was confused.

badgerking
30th October 2008, 03:40 PM
That would explain why I was confused.

I wish I could figure out why I am always confused :cheesy: