I Need Help Very Rush For 2003 Saab 9-3 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: I Need Help Very Rush For 2003 Saab 9-3

hamoody
24th October 2008, 10:36 AM
Hiiiii , Evry Body......... Salam Alikom

I Have Saab 2003 Model:9-3 The Auto Trasmitision Shift Only For 5+/-
And When Get Hot Does Not Shiftting Any More ,i Leave It Until It Gets Cold Then I Can Shift Agin.......if Any One Has Any Information ,pls Help Me To Solve This Problem..................thinks

JonV
24th October 2008, 11:58 AM
Check your Trans fluid level....I'm not sure but I think I recall something about a Thermal Cutoff if the Trans overheats. Someone will confirm or correct me on that, hopefully.

Any Lights on the Dash?

hamoody
24th October 2008, 12:33 PM
thank you jonv...........................

I CHECH THE FLOUD IT SEEMS OK

NO LIGHT IN THE DASH BOARD.........IS THERE ANY OTHER RESON HAPPEND ON SAAB CAR MAKE THIS THING......THINK

Diggs
24th October 2008, 12:34 PM
Is yours a sedan a convertible or a hatchback?

hamoody
24th October 2008, 12:38 PM
My Car Is Sedan Convertable...................thank Y For Passing.....

JonV
24th October 2008, 12:40 PM
are you 02 or 03? The post headline says 03, your sig says 02. If your 02 you may have more luck posting here:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

hamoody
24th October 2008, 12:43 PM
Sorry , Jonv What Y Mean By 02 Or 03 --------icannot Understan What Y Mean?

JonV
24th October 2008, 12:51 PM
Model year, in the post title you are asking for help with a 2003....in your signature box, you have your car as a 2002.

If your 2002, you may get better help in the alternate forum I've given you.

hamoody
24th October 2008, 01:02 PM
Its Make Or Maufacured In 2002 But The Egincy Write 2003 This Is The System In My Country..............thanks Alot

Molitoth
24th October 2008, 01:06 PM
Same thing happened when my transmission went out. I hope thats not your case. Get it to the shop, imo.

hamoody
24th October 2008, 01:24 PM
Same thing happened when my transmission went out. I hope thats not your case. Get it to the shop, imo.

THANK Y,,,,

TELL ME WHAT WAS YOUR PROBLEM WITH YOUR TRANSMISION ?

BECAUSE WE LEARN FROM THE OTHERS..........THANKS

hamoody
24th October 2008, 01:27 PM

THE SEEING SAYS: IF YOU HEAR PROBLEM OF THE OTHERS THIN YOUR PROBLEM WILL BE EASY TO YOU........

Molitoth
24th October 2008, 01:48 PM
THANK Y,,,,

TELL ME WHAT WAS YOUR PROBLEM WITH YOUR TRANSMISION ?

BECAUSE WE LEARN FROM THE OTHERS..........THANKS

Basically my car got towed into the dealer and the next day they called to tell me my transmission was "F*cked up beyond repair" so they replaced it with a new one. Since I did not have to pay any money and they stuck me in a brand new Jaguar X-type as a loaner, I did not ask any questions.... sorry. =(

hamoody
24th October 2008, 02:24 PM
Also It Happen To Me Since Ihad The Problem The Dealer Told Me You Have To Chinge The Transmisoin, I Think The Problem Very Semple And You Can Solve It ....the Dealer Alwys Say That Because They Donot Like To Spend Long Time In Trublshooting And They Coast Us ..........................

earthworm
24th October 2008, 02:49 PM
Hiiiii , Evry Body......... Salam Alikom

I Have Saab 2003 Model:9-3 The Auto Trasmitision Shift Only For 5+/-
And When Get Hot Does Not Shiftting Any More ,i Leave It Until It Gets Cold Then I Can Shift Agin.......if Any One Has Any Information ,pls Help Me To Solve This Problem..................thinks
Another Welcome to Saab Central, and we will try to overcome the language barriers....no easy task....
The ATF (automatic transmission fluid) must be changed- this is a scheduled maintenance every 60K miles under normal conditions;
make it every 30K if we have a lot of heat (over 90 degrees F) and much dust... Then the transmission oil cooler should be checked out; may a larger one should be fitted....

"The dealer told you to change the transmission" ??
I would change dealers, even the automobile brand, if necessary...