bleeder valve [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: bleeder valve

bpeche
29th September 2008, 12:17 AM
I have a 2000 saab 9-3 and i was wondering if you can get a bleeder valve for those, does anyone know?

John Z Williams
29th September 2008, 01:20 AM
What are you talking about, a brake bleeder, a clutch bleeder? map bleeder?

If you mean bov blow off valve, the t7 car's like you'res cannot run a bov or blow off to atmosphere, you must run a recirculating valve, they do make them, but are not necessary and will not give you any gain in performance or sound at the stock level.

I just tuned a t7 viggen with a aftermarket bpv or bypass valve and it was holding boost too well and causing overshoot and all kinds of problems, we put the stock one back on the car and valla, tuning was able to proceed.

John

L4staero
29th September 2008, 06:09 AM
By bleed valve do you mean a wastegate bleed valve or manual boost controller (MBC). If your car is a T7, which I think all 00- cars in US were the answer unfortunately is no it wont work.

bpeche
1st October 2008, 02:06 AM
yea my friend has a twin turbo 3000gt vr4 and he just bought a simple bleeder valve for 40 dollars for the wastegate and upped the boost and it was cheap, simple, and inexpensive

John Z Williams
1st October 2008, 01:28 PM
That is usually called a mbc, bleed valve type manual boost controller and the answer is no, you cannot run a mbc on t7, it freaks out the ecu. You can run what they call a smbc that helps some,

John