exhaust mods [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: exhaust mods

oslowley
29th July 2003, 01:05 AM
What do you guys think.....
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/qtec.htm

finklejag
29th July 2003, 01:11 AM
I wouldn't put that piece in my Saab. Anything that has to do with thishttp://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Cars/CamaroQTP.jpg. I would stay away from.

Buy a good 2.5 inch cat-back exhuast instead. I good free flowing exhaust has proven gains.

oslowley
29th July 2003, 01:19 AM
the vector comes with a 2.5" pipe plus I installed the sport muffler from the saab catalogue, this could literally open the car up when I need the extra ooomph.

finklejag
29th July 2003, 01:34 AM
Now all you need is a ECU upgrade. Taliaferro shows in development on there site. There is Abbott racing if you want it now.

Who makes the Sport muffler for Saab? Remus? Is it just the muffler and tips or resonator back?

shmokeyss
29th July 2003, 09:22 AM
Don't do it!! I had these on my heavy chevy with 3" exhaust and pulled them because they leaked incessantly and the motor mechanism to engage/disengage them kept leaving them open. These are crap, don't buy them. If you must, get the kind with the fly nuts that you have to manually take off. Probably not the James Bond type feel you were after, but they'll work much better. Besides, you'd be better off with a down pipe and free flowing cat and muffler anyway. I don't think is that much to be gained by dumping the pipes early in these cars anyway. Just my two cents, for what it's worth :wink:

ethanroelle
29th July 2003, 09:46 AM
and i got flamed for wanting TVs in my car...

oslowley
29th July 2003, 11:37 AM
ha. good thing I wore my flame retardant suit. I wanted to really open the exhaust up but I refuse to put a full 3" including muffler tip on. Thats why I asked the question, I wanted opinions from other board members before I "made my move", and I guess its a negative.

Viscouse
29th July 2003, 12:37 PM
Dude, it's your car, do what you like :cheesy: . Remember, you're now in a State of Independance.

Abbott-9-3
29th July 2003, 01:10 PM
i have the Abbott zorst and remap

absolutley no increase in noise,so an ideal upgrade for this car

03_Saab 9-3
29th July 2003, 01:58 PM
What is the Abott Zorst and Remap?

Im on the virge of getting the 2.5" Stainless Catback system from Engstrom, then having the Decor kit painted to match my cosmic Blue.

drew_2003
29th July 2003, 05:04 PM
Exactly! Crap!! Dont even waste your money. You want extra ooomph get a custom downpipe made for the turbo.

iceben
29th July 2003, 07:29 PM
But if the car comes with 2.5" exhaust what's the point in replacing it with another 2.5" exhaust, even if it is stainless steel?

And why wouldn't you want to put a 3" exhaust on? Too big? Looks?

Anybody considering dual exhaust? Is there room on the passenger side for another muffler? A good shop should be able to put a 'Y' in the pipe near the rear suspension and bend some pipes to install a second muffler on the other side.

Relatively new to this turbo business, so I hope my questions aren't too basic.

danncas
29th July 2003, 07:39 PM
and i got flamed for wanted TVs in my car...
You should of got flamed. This car is for driveing.As sofa is for watching TV. LOL
I would trust Abbott myself.

snabben
30th July 2003, 01:04 AM
But if the car comes with 2.5" exhaust what's the point in replacing it with another 2.5" exhaust, even if it is stainless steel?

And why wouldn't you want to put a 3" exhaust on? Too big? Looks?

Anybody considering dual exhaust? Is there room on the passenger side for another muffler? A good shop should be able to put a 'Y' in the pipe near the rear suspension and bend some pipes to install a second muffler on the other side.

Relatively new to this turbo business, so I hope my questions aren't too basic.

Exactly right. There is no real difference with the Saab sport exhaust from the catalog and the exhaust that comes standard on the Vector (and probably the Arc), minus the dual pipes and some sssllliiiggghhttt muffler tweeking to get a little throatier noise. For $295 plus whatever else it costs to install, take your car over to Midas and have the resonator removed and add a straight pipe. You'll get an even louder, throatier sound, and for only around $50.

oslowley
30th July 2003, 01:09 AM
didn't like the standard oval tip. it had to go.

Abbott-9-3
30th July 2003, 02:11 AM
03-Saab-03

the Abbott exhaust is a twin pipe,and the remap is an ECu reprogramme.With a new filter it takes the car to 220bhp

i like this upgrade as trhe car is till quiet,

oslowley
30th July 2003, 11:28 AM
that's 220hp from the 175hp engine right?

ethanroelle
30th July 2003, 11:54 AM
Dude, it's your car, do what you like :cheesy: . Remember, you're now in a State of Independance.

Where all cars are turbo charged?

keysman
3rd August 2003, 09:11 PM
the vector comes with a 2.5" pipe plus I installed the sport muffler from the saab catalogue, this could literally open the car up when I need the extra ooomph.

Doesn't the Vector come with the sport muffler pre-installed?