Simple steps to more power? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Simple steps to more power?

gbsaab
28-07-03, 03:54 PM
So far I've got an upgraded apc, 3.0 fpr, K&N filter and messed with the f & p pots and I'm running about 3/4 into the red, which the car will hold for a few seconds, then drops to half red - are there other simple steps that I should be doing to be getting more power, outside of better injectors, fuel chips and stuff like that?

Oil_Eater
28-07-03, 06:58 PM
There is a trick you can do to the pressure retard capsule on the distributor.
You will have to search for it, because I don't have it bookmarked.

After that, you can upgrade your intercooler. Some use 9000 while others use Volvo intercoolers.

tevid
29-07-03, 01:15 AM
more gas wouldn't be bad, the engine knocks because there is more air than gas coming in, i'd say get some upgraded injectors
www.900aero.com has some good info on this

Deans88SaabT16
30-07-03, 01:14 PM
more gas wouldn't be bad, the engine knocks because there is more air than gas coming in, i'd say get some upgraded injectors
www.900aero.com has some good info on this

A rising rate fuel pressure regulator should do the trick.

Kirkpatrick
01-08-03, 09:35 PM
find the hose that goes from the APC solenoidj to the wastegate, disconnect it and then plug it. Now go out for a spin and floor it, you should have much more power, until the overboost cutoff sends you throught the windshield :o

BTW-this suggestion was a joke and actually doing this can result in serious damage to A) Your engine B) Your Turbo C) Your tranny. Don't try it at home, or anywhere else for that matter.

-Sam