Eibach Springs Fitted [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Eibach Springs Fitted

ms08
28th July 2003, 04:51 AM
Fitted my Eibach springs on Saturday though haven't changed my front dampers yet as did not have big enough spanner!!! - Am using virtually new stock dampers. I thought I had cured my suspension clonk(front offside) and whilst improved, it is still there - am now thinking radius and lower arm bushes as nothing seemed amiss in strut area. Has anyone done these?
I also managed to split the dust cover on the bottom ball joint(trying to split the joint - bad design) - can these be purchased separately as the ball joint is part of the lower arm and has to be replaced as one. Any other thoughts on suspesion clonk appreciated.

ms08
29th July 2003, 02:19 PM
Just an update after living with these for a couple of days - definite improvement - feels smoother on the motorway and no more of that unsteadiness if you go over a hump at speed when you are not quite sure which way the car wants to go. Feels less fussy going around corners and less body role means you stay put in your seat.

Rob Sandey
29th July 2003, 03:27 PM
I have the Eibachs and new Sachs dampers on my NG and have found them a vast improvement. Much less body roll and no deterioration in the ride at all.

ragtopcav
29th July 2003, 06:12 PM
ms08 wrote:big enough spanner!!!

If you can borrow a 24" pipe [stilson] wrench that'll do the job, it's worked for me!

ms08
30th July 2003, 03:19 AM
Thanks Ragtop
My 'normal' stilson just wouldn't quite reach - now who do I know who is a plumber :cheesy: Only other problem I had was that I couldn't get the ABS sensors to come off the hub - screw came undone but would they move!! and didn't want to get too heavy in case I damaged them.