Boost gauge [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Boost gauge

chucktv
26th July 2003, 03:08 PM
I'm getting ready to install a boost gauge on my 87 9k 2L B202. For those of you who have done this, where is the best place to attach the hose to the manifold or is there another place to attach it?

Thanks!

NLspiked02
28th July 2003, 11:01 PM
i put mine into the Turbo/APC gauge and it works fine. bought a "Y" for the vac. lines in the dash and put it in the lower radio slot in my C900.

later
dave

Friberg
29th July 2003, 03:34 AM
Why not place the gauge where the clock is (i.e. if you have the analouge clock). I have mine there and it's perfect as you don't have to move your eyes very far to check the boost :D

chucktv
29th July 2003, 08:36 AM
Excellent thoughts, gentlmen. Thanks :wink:

Marrk
29th July 2003, 10:30 AM
Should look like this

BurnsSide42
29th July 2003, 12:13 PM
u stole my design!! lol i just did that a few weeks back to mine, i love it!!
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14125&highlight=custom+boost as seen there

Marrk
29th July 2003, 02:47 PM
I posted it before and thanked you on the other Saab website and gave you 5 stars for your idea!! It saved me a load of time...well got rid of time..LOL and looks the part. I have spare clocks so it wasn't a hard decision to make...and I think it looks neater than the pod...which I have spare now. :cheesy:

BurnsSide42
29th July 2003, 06:13 PM
i totally agree! it is MUCH better looking! You gave me stars? What do they do? lol Anyways, it was a good thought wasn't it ;) Are we the only two known 9K owners with these neat custom boost gauges?

chucktv
29th July 2003, 07:41 PM
Should look like this

Hey! You're car is backwards! :cheesy:

BurnsSide42
29th July 2003, 07:43 PM
Should look like this

Hey! You're car is backwards! :cheesy:

It is, but i've found a simple cure to dealing with that problem....get a mirror and look at that opposite to your monitor.

DeLorean
29th July 2003, 08:05 PM
the whole "You're car is backwards" was funny about the first 15 times I saw it on SC. now it's just old :wink:

Friberg
30th July 2003, 09:38 AM
i totally agree! it is MUCH better looking! You gave me stars? What do they do? lol Anyways, it was a good thought wasn't it ;) Are we the only two known 9K owners with these neat custom boost gauges?
I don't know how it is in UK/US but in Sweden the "clock installation" or "light swith installation" are very common...

DeLorean
30th July 2003, 04:13 PM
but then where would one put the light switch???

Friberg
31st July 2003, 07:47 AM
but then where would one put the light switch???
They just move it down to somewhere below the steering wheel - using the light swith isn't as important as having control over the boost :wink:

DeLorean
31st July 2003, 12:14 PM
interesting, although I'm not so sure I would like that set up. I think a piller pod type of thing would be what I would want to do. If not that, one stuck in top of the dash. the 900 has no "perfect" boost gauge spot like the 9000 does

chucktv
1st August 2003, 01:49 AM
the whole "You're car is backwards" was funny about the first 15 times I saw it on SC. now it's just old :wink:

I'm sorry, because I was directing the comment only towards you and not to the rest of the world but I'm sure the world thanks you for speaking for them. :wink: Does the wink help?

BurnsSide42
1st August 2003, 12:44 PM

I'm sorry, because I was directing the comment only towards you and not to the rest of the world but I'm sure the world thanks you for speaking for them. :wink: Does the wink help?

How was it directed to Delorean? He and I are both in the US...? I think u're confuzeled :)