moving to CA! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: moving to CA!

neomagus00
01-07-08, 09:03 AM
so, it's about 95% sure that i'll be moving from pittsburgh to san francisco in about 2 weeks, and i wanted to get some input on car-related stuff from people that live there, or know about the place. i'm in a 2000 9-3 vert, for reference.

for example, what should i do to prepare for the cross-country drive (other than reconnecting my A/C)? anything special about the climate i need to be concerned with? anyone know of a good saab-friendly mechanic in the area?

surely i'm missing important things - anyone that's done anything like this is welcome to contribute; any and all information is appreciated!

JeeperJay
01-07-08, 09:46 AM
That's quite the change!

Good luck- i've heard it is very expensive to live out there. :(

I guess you gotta pay to have the best weather. LOL

TurboBlix
01-07-08, 11:20 AM
nice move! i'll ask my 9-3 owning friend in san fran if he knows of any mechanics.

woywitka
01-07-08, 01:18 PM
The whole drive will be very very very hot, until you arrive along 280 at about Daily city and wonder why it is 60F, hit the City and wonder why it just dropped a few more degrees...lol.

I love San Francisco, visit every single year for the last 15 years. Best of luck with the move, I don't think you will regret it. The City is also very Saab dense it is ridiculous. You can spot at least one Saab on every single city block, sometimes 4.

IronJoe
01-07-08, 01:39 PM
Cool, enjoy your hybrid.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/21/1002itsahybrid.jpg

meph
01-07-08, 01:46 PM
watch out for the smug!:lol:

DanF.
01-07-08, 02:55 PM
Prepare to have zero parking... anywhere... ever.

The drive is fun though. I did it earlier this year. New Hampshire to Mississippi to Texass to Arizona to Sacramento. 4000+ miles altogether, ( She only drove 200mi. :confused: ) Went out to SF a few times when I was there.

Could have taken I-80 or whatever it is, but there's no scenery for 1500 miles across the plains.

You'll have fun. Take lots of pics.

stamonkey
01-07-08, 08:56 PM
watch out for the smug!:lol:

Thaaaaaaanks! (thumbs up, eyes closed)