SaabCentral Forums banner

Couple cosmetic questions

769 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Saab999-5 
#1 · (Edited)
Just a few things ive been wondering about. Not shure if they are possbile but if so it would be great.

Ive been doing something thinking and the looks of things, it looks like the projectors in the like 02 model 9-5s would fit into my 99. Is it possible to do this and how complicated would you say it would be?

Just one last thing. Body kit and styling....Im not into these big rice bowl body kits, i like clean and simple. Which with most saab owners would agree with i think.

Doing a 04 areo front end conversion i was considering but a member posted that for certian model 9-5's,the older models such as my 99.It would require you to cut metal and it can be a big job. Anyone have anymore experience with this to explain it more.

And last but not least. I was looking at hirsch kits becuase i like the style. But it only seemed to come up for 2002 models. Am i able to get this kit for my 99?

All body work and everything will be done by a shop becuase when i get it done im getting the car re painted the same time so i can get a deal with getting so much work done

im going for a style like this only with different wheels

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'm going to give you some advice I wish someone gave me when I was back in your position. Sell your 99 LPT, and buy an 02+ Aero. Swapping all of the parts back to the 99 will just end up costing you way more in the long run. I've spent at least $6k or more (and I haven't even started with body work!), upgrading my 99 to above 02+ Aero specs... for you that would easily be doubled, since you are paying for a shop to install things.

With the 02+ Aero, you can drop the Hirsch kit or 04 bumper right on. You'll get the projectors (which are very difficult and expensive to add to any non-xenon car). You'll get better brakes, suspension. Better seats, door upholstery, dash. You'll get a more reliable turbo. You'll get an engine that was specced for synth fluid from day 1. You'll get stronger hubs, bigger ARBs... the list goes on.

The money you will save by doing it this way could probably buy you that Hirsch bodykit.

#3 ·
Sad but true....

I was going to keep my LPT stock at one point :roll: . Now I am going Stage 2 and with the cost of all the other bits that I've added along the way I could have gotten an 00 or 01 Aero from the get go.

#4 ·
yeah i know it makes sense to sell and get a newer one and everything but i cant afford it. Im 20 and going back to school. I cant really do that. i would like to have a newer looking saab however, its a project and its sometihng to work on over time. The only thing im paying for is body work. All other things iam doing myself.

Im not so much into getting an aero because of the better specs becuase i want to make a car my own and the price of building the car doesnt bother me becasue i want to make 400whp over the next say 5 years becuse i shall be some time before i reach that goal. As of next summer i will be investing about 8-10 thousand dallors into the car. I know with that money and the money i would get for my saab i could get an aero, but i want to be unique and have a car built the way i want.

I have very good connections for getting work done so even with body work its not going to be bad, Its only going to cost me like 800 bucks for a local well known body shop to paint my car becuase im good friends with the owner. I think i will just get the car painted and new wheels, hid kit, new headlights, custom cut and mesh my grill and add a lip kit and just go all performance.

Its a project over time, i just asked things like this now becuase i want to know my opions and whats best to do. I cant just have a car and not build it the way i want so having this car and building it in the end will cost me less then to build a newer model areo.

#5 ·
Figured out what ill do about the body style...going to have a new 9-3ss front lip and sides custom fit to the car when i get it painted.

like this and maybe add a little part on the back bumper.

#6 ·
Thats a lot of car for just $29.90 isnt it :eek: :p

#8 ·
Well 10 points to whoever figures out what the sign is becuase i cant lol. Also does anyone know who owns that becuase trying to read the mods on the car from the site but its not in english so im not exactly shure what he did. It said 9-3ss front lap so i figured it was front flip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.