SaabCentral Forums banner

Abbott stage 1 ECU giving CEL - P1141

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DoctorPhill 
#1 ·
Hi,

wondering if anybody has any ideas about this one. I purchased a used Abbott Racing ECU for my 1999 9-5 2.3t SE off Ebay. I got the ECU married to my car today without difficulty but after a (very) short drive the CEL came on and the following error code was pulled off by Tech2;

P1141 - O2 heater circuit, current too low, sensor 2

It must be the ECU because when we swapped the original one back the error message disappeared but does anyone know why this should be the case?

I must say that the car seemed to drive fine.

#2 ·
What did Abbott's advise you?

#4 ·
I had same problem and have to fit 2nd lambda,so its ok now.I'm with 2001 soft.There is free connector nevertheless.

#5 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
What did Abbott's advise you?
Saying the same thing as Wessy!

"If this is the case, they said there is nothing you can do, apart
from sending us an ECU to update the programme and this will sort
the problem out."

This sounded promising so I enquired as to how much this would cost, only to be given a price which is essentially how much it costs to buy the stage 1 ECU in the first instance! Now much less promising. :(

#7 ·
Not exactly DIY.I'm with bigger downpipe and I ordered it with 2 Lambda holes.The rear Lambda with cable and connector from earlier model was about 80$.Fitting is easy-plug the cable and screw the sensor,but you have to lift the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.