SaabCentral Forums banner

bbs rki center cap question

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Jssaab 
#1 · (Edited)
so this monday is the big day for my wagon. it will be christened with my new freshly powdercoated rki's and all i need is the center caps. i was wondering where i can get big enough center caps for my wheels. and when genuinesaab.com refers to the bbs saab wheel cap fitment. are they refering to the rki's or rkii's? i could of sworn i saw a guy on saabcentral with a silver 9-3 viggen with the same rims i have with saab center caps. and also whats the tire size for the 17x 8 bbs rki's thanks.

#2 ·
socrazy2992 said:
so this monday is the big day for my wagon. it will be christened with my new freshly powdercoated rki's and all i need is the center caps. i was wondering where i can get big enough center caps for my wheels. and when genuinesaab.com refers to the bbs saab wheel cap fitment. are they refering to the rki's or rkii's? i could of sworn i saw a guy on saabcentral with a silver 9-3 viggen with the same rims i have with saab center caps. and also whats the tire size for the 17x 8 bbs rki's thanks.
The ones from GS are the correct items at $12 each. I bought them for my Borbet LS wheels and snapped right in. They are 56mm or 2.205 in. So, just measure the center hole of the wheel.

#3 ·
NO RKIs have different center. They are a bit smaller than the RKIIs. The GS SAAB centers for the BBS wheels will not fit ( I have an unused set that I tried to install if you wold like to try. )

I called Nick and it seems that they have machined out the RKIs to get them to fit.

The local wheel repair guy here will do it was well.

#4 ·
there is like no room between the center cap hole and lug holes to machine it out bigger the gap between them are rediculously slim. i was thinkin machining the center caps with a hole saw without the drill bit in the arbor so its just the hole saw and clamp the center caps down and attach the hole saw to a drill press. thats my only easy thought to fit them.

#5 ·
socrazy2992 said:
there is like no room between the center cap hole and lug holes to machine it out bigger the gap between them are rediculously slim. i was thinkin machining the center caps with a hole saw without the drill bit in the arbor so its just the hole saw and clamp the center caps down and attach the hole saw to a drill press. thats my only easy thought to fit them.
You can do this. This guy makes 3D dome stickers. Send him a Hi-Res SAAB logo and he can make to your size
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cust...008QQitemZ180199333739QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

or this guys makes these stickers and he can custom size them accordingly
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/saab...016QQitemZ260256942155QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

#6 ·
socrazy2992 said:
The difference is small from the smallest Saab center cap. Viking wheel in DE soed this all the time.

I agree with the post above you don't need domed stickers just flat vinyl one will fit on the BBS centers since they are flat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.