SaabCentral Forums banner

3.5 Bar FPR Part Number

4K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  stipud 
#1 ·
Help!

Can anyone give me the bosch part number for the 3.5 bar FPR that will fit my 2000 9-5 Aero?

Thanks!

BenP
Atlanta, GA

#4 ·
I know GS has one listed but I was hoping to get one locally so I don't have to wait on it and/or pay shipping. It's a long story I'll be sharing later when my ordeal is done but I was hoping to find it in stock here in Atlanta.

If it's a Bosch part with a different application then hopefully someone has one. The folks at Genuine Saab are great but I'd feel a bit funny about calling them up for the part number without any intentions of ordering from them.

As far as squishing one.........that was good stuff!:cheesy:

Ben

#5 ·
BenP said:
I know GS has one listed but I was hoping to get one locally so I don't have to wait on it and/or pay shipping. It's a long story I'll be sharing later when my ordeal is done but I was hoping to find it in stock here in Atlanta.

If it's a Bosch part with a different application then hopefully someone has one. The folks at Genuine Saab are great but I'd feel a bit funny about calling them up for the part number without any intentions of ordering from them.

As far as squishing one.........that was good stuff!:cheesy:

Ben

I found this but I dont think it's 3.5bars. and I think that the guys form GS would be happy to help you out. Part # 4770400 for an Aero

#6 ·
SaabBlackMan said:
Part # 4770400 for an Aero
If thats the correct number then.........

93 98-03 Fuel Regulator Up to Eng # 1219476 Bosch# 0280160515 OEM 4770400
Bosch number in Red

Looks like the stock one to me though :confused:

#8 ·
XAAMOTTOMAAX said:
There is no part number. They increase the pressure of a standard 3.0 bar FPR by smooshing it. No I'm not kidding. :cheesy:
I know some of those squished ones have shown up with tunes before... I'm not sure I would trust them personally. The one I got had 3.5 stamped on it, and was definitely not a modified 3.0.

#12 ·
The Bosch 0280160504 won't work on my Aero. That was the one that was sent to me and caused my car not to start. The smaller end of that FPR with the little "O" ring is a smaller diameter than the stock one and doesn't seal inside the fuel rail correctly.

I found out the hard way after trying to understand why my car was only pumping out 9psi of fuel and failed to start. My indy pulled the fuel line at the fuel filter and measured it and still got only 9psi. He thought it was the fuel pump because I assured him the FPR was brand spankin' new and couldn't be the culprit. I had a new fuel pump waiting to be put in as a preventative measure so I had him install it.

New fuel pump installed and still nothing! He pulled the FPR and put a spare one in to test and voila!

Ben

#13 ·
Why do you need the 3.5?

#18 · (Edited)
#20 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
Why do you need the 3.5?
Just out of interest...........

#21 ·
Originally Posted by Chris 9-5
Why do you need the 3.5?
Chris,

Sorry I didn't see the question before! I ordered a Maptun Stage 3 ECU for my car and it required the 3.5 bar FPR. The wrong one was sent with my order and I was trying to get the correct one locally instead of waiting for the replacement to be sent by Maptun.

Since I can't source it here in Atlanta I'm having to wait for them to overnight me the correct one.

There's alot more to the story and I'll be sharing with the group once it's resolved but I don't want to get ahead of myself until everything is as it's supposed to be on my car.

I'm going to pick it up today from my indy who did the troubleshooting after the ECU was installed, sans the correct FPR, which should arrive tomorrow......at least that's what I've been told.

Ben

#22 ·
Ah ok gotcha ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.