SaabCentral Forums banner

????? baffled

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  paolo 
#1 ·
Hi any ideas what kind of bhp im running

2.0 TD04,jetex catback exaust, red injectors,open air intake,custom map for parts from abbott.

and what do you suggest next:cheesy:

#2 ·
bazza69 said:
Hi any ideas what kind of bhp im running
Ask Abbott - they mapped it :confused:

I'll guess at 230-240 bhp

Next - downpipe and cat and intercooler perhaps.......

#4 ·
bazza69 said:
will that give me somwhere around 260-270
If the numbers are important get it dyno'd before doing anything else and then after making changes - further custom mapping will get the most from the improvements too.

I would think the injectors will start to max out at 270........but I'm guessing - sorry. Maptun suggest 630cc injectors at 240bhp ish and you may need to uprate the fuel pump if its getting on too.

The downpipe and cat will help response which will make it feel more powerful anyway, the I/C could give big gains and help maintain peak power in the battle against heat soak.

#5 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
If the numbers are important get it dyno'd before doing anything else and then after making changes - further custom mapping will get the most from the improvements too.

I would think the injectors will start to max out at 270........but I'm guessing - sorry. Maptun suggest 630cc injectors at 240bhp ish and you may need to uprate the fuel pump if its getting on too.

The downpipe and cat will help response which will make it feel more powerful anyway, the I/C could give big gains and help maintain peak power in the battle against heat soak.
Cheers chris I am aiming for the 300 mark eventually but not quite sure i ll get the power down (i cant now):eek:

#7 ·
Martin_9-5t said:
but get some good tyres....:cheesy:
And good suspension - and why not add an LSD :p

#8 ·
bazza69 said:
Cheers chris I am aiming for the 300 mark eventually but not quite sure i ll get the power down (i cant now):eek:
You won't quite get to 300 with the red injectors on a 2.0. The TD04 is also struggling at this power.

I had a sniff under 300 ( a bigish sniff) with reds, TD04, ETS intercooler, 3.5bar fpr, 3" full with sport cat, aero intake, Forge dump, new style air scoop and a few other little bits and bobs on my old 2.0. Oh and Nordic soft to match of course.

You wont get over 300 or a reliable 300 without turbo upgrade to 18t, and new injectors (green giants, seimens etc).

Getting the power down is an issue - but I love the rawness of it all - didnt even have TCS!
P

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.