SaabCentral Forums banner

Run a Manual Boost Controller on TD04

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Chris 9-5 
G
#1 ·
Anyone done this? I have been doing some experiments and it seems possible. IE I was able to get so much pressure into my manifold that the plastic pipes that run from the intercooler to the tb burst apart in two places.

#3 ·
gto47 said:
Anyone done this? I have been doing some experiments and it seems possible. IE I was able to get so much pressure into my manifold that the plastic pipes that run from the intercooler to the tb burst apart in two places.
And this is good because??????????????

#4 ·
I don't know of any manufacturer saying these are Ok for 9-5's beacuse

a) Trionic will try to adjust back
b) You'll end up buggering something up - if you're already popping things what about running lean?

Nice in my new 900 aero (I have one) but not for 9-5's.

P

G
#5 · (Edited)
Trionic will probably cut fuel but it can't cut boost, I think I just proved that. Not one CEL, even when i had a severe vacuum leak because the plastic crap blew apart.

I drove around for almost a year on a defective wastegate actuator that wasn't holding pneumatic pressure and thus was not dumping. Fortunately I had the base boost turned way down so that the wastegate itself was just leaking slightly. Car was down on power but not horrible.

If saab had a really sophisticated system they would use an electronic boost controller but this setup is largely mechanical/pneumatic. The complex stuff is on the manifold readings. The wastegate is pretty damn primitive.

#7 ·
gto47 said:
It proves that T7 isn't unloading manifold pressure.
I still dont understand - why is "that" good then?

#9 ·
gto47 said:
I never said it was good, i said it was an experiment.
I'm sure you think I'm poking fun, or bashing the idea - honest I'm not, I just wonder why this (fitting an MBC) is a positive thing to do thats all?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.