SaabCentral Forums banner

Anyone Installed The 3.5 bar FPR?

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  stipud 
#1 ·
Search function doesnt seem to want to make seach for "fuel Pressure" but its kool has anyone installed this and do you have picks of where it's located I am trying to go stage 3 I am getting my downpipe this weekend, Just want to see if its an DIY job.

Thanks guy/girls

#2 · (Edited)
Its at the end of the fuel rail, simple DIY, but only do it if thats wat the tuner specifies!

#3 ·
My friend has a stage 3 that hes going to use on my car and agter I get the 3in DP he said that's the next upgrade I am going to need to go stage 3. Auto Tranny. Curious how much HP can I get without messing with the integrity of my transmission.

Chris 9-5 said:
Its at the end of the fuel rail, simple DIY, but only do it if thats wat the tuner specifies!

#4 ·
There is possibility to use another kind of FPR out of the fuel rail,but consult your tuner of course.

#5 ·
its a simple diy. its just a tight space. all you need is a screw driver and a lil force to pull it out and push new one in. be careful not to break the plastic gasket on old or new one. worth while to keep the old one around.
make sure you have a small container to let any fuel in rail drain into, so as to avoid any fire hazard. it will only be a little fuel.

#6 ·
Pop fuse 19 (I think) for the fuel pump. Crank the car a bunch of times, even after it wont run anymore. Now once you've drained the fuel, pop the hood, remove the cover over your rail. Throw some rags below the FPR, because it will leak gas. Remove the vacuum line, detach the FPR, pop it out, pop the new one back in (pretty tough seal on it).

#7 ·
I have done this on my 9-3 and it was fairly simple, but with not much clearnace to get your hand in there.

then I did it on my wife's 9-5lpt, and HOLY cow, it was 2x harder to fit my hand in there.

soon I will do my 9-5 aero, and I have no idea how I am supposed to fit my hands in there. what is the trick???

I usually move the delivery pipe out of the way, and that barely give me any extra room... smaller hands? :lol:

#9 ·
The thing with WIS in this case it doesnt show me exactly where it is . I dont even know where the fuel rail is. Is is at the back near the throttle body or no? I could alsways go to my mechanic and have them show me or if any of you have pics that could help me out. Thanks a bunch.

#10 ·
SaabBlackMan said:
The thing with WIS in this case it doesnt show me exactly where it is . I dont even know where the fuel rail is. Is is at the back near the throttle body or no? I could alsways go to my mechanic and have them show me or if any of you have pics that could help me out. Thanks a bunch.
Take off the engine cover, look over the back of the engine. There's this shiny square tube that runs down the length of your intake manifold, with your injectors stuck to it. On the far right side you'll see the FPR. Can't miss it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.