SaabCentral Forums banner

What is the maximal (widest) tyre size for R17 with original Aero 05 discs?

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Muttly 
#1 ·
What is the maximal (widest) tyre size for R17 with original Aero 05 discs?

245\40 or ?

#4 ·
Perhaps there is a mistake on the website or the tires of the older models were higher rated. V rated tires are only rate for 150 mph or 240km/h. Question: How often do you drive over 150mph? Also Kurwa311 wanted to know what was the widest tire.

The 2006 Owners manual page 228 also states that "Wheels larger than 17" must not be fitted. The maximum permissible offset is 49mm." The widest rim size shown in the owners manual is 7.5 inches.

#6 ·
kurwa311 said:
But this is just original sizes... I want wider tyres
Go for it then, and you can then tell us what fits.............

#8 ·
19" Discs :eek:

What are you talking about?

I have 18" rims which are 8 inches wide, the car has over 350bhp and performs well on road and track, the tyres are 225/40/18's - you dont need wider :nono;

#10 ·
These are 19"rims of Turkish Airlines 9-5 Aero.Not 19''discs,but rims:cheesy:.
There is a thread for this rims and where from he got them.

#13 ·
i want an aero said:
over here if the tyre doesn't match the cars makers specifications then your insurance is null and void. it happened to a mate of mine he was mighty miffed
ooooo, I'll have to check that. But honestly speaking, they're H-rated, that;s 130 mph, that's plenty of head room for here in the states.

#14 ·
that's what my mate thought, he was only towing a caravan. someone reversed into him:x refused to pay as zr rated tyres were specified and he'd got v's on. point blank refused, even stated car was only for towing with a maximum speed of 60mph but was shafted for saving a few £'s on tyres:nono; .

when i bought my first 9000 i had a puncture and took it in to be fixed, the garage refused to repair it as it was a h rated and not a v(all 4 were h rated), as required. gutted that people don't tell buyers this when purchasing tyres

#16 ·
I run 235/40/17s on my car with the Saab BBS RK-II wheels that are 8" wide. These BARELY fit, and still rub sometimes. There is no way you could fit anything wider that a 235 series tire on a 9-5 unless you really played with offsets and pulling/rolling fenders.

And my tires are the highest rate you could buy..... like zr or something. Can never be too safe, it sees 150mph on a rare occasion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.