SaabCentral Forums banner

BSR Question

947 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Jssaab 
#1 ·
I just recentley received a company car, and will sell the 9-5. ;oops: I have a BSR-PPC that I used in the car, and l'd like to sell it, but is it re-useable, or is it only married to my car? I would reload the original program into the car. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Its married to the car.

#4 ·
greenmatt said:
You could replace your current ecu with another from a wreckers and then sell the PPC and ECU.
You could - but that (the replacement one) would need to be married to the car too.

#5 ·
Ive not heard of anyone who has kept the downloaded ppc programme on the ECU and sold it on - in theory it should work in another car, once it's been TECHII to marry the car to the ECU.

To get it married will cost in the region of £20-40 depending who you use.

If you can get a cheap ECU (£50?) and then pay to have it married for use on your car, I suppose you could sell your BSR on for £200 so it could be worth it.

I have a very expensive PPC as a book end..................
P

#9 ·
79Saab900Turbo said:
Ok, so assuming I download the original program back onto my car. If I sell the PPC to someone, could they have it married to their car via Tech II, or is that not possible? The way I read the above replies, this is not possible. Please explain.
You have to sell your ECU WITH the PPC... then replace it with a different stock one (and get it married to your car).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.