SaabCentral Forums banner

19 inch saab rims

10K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  stipud 
#1 ·
ive heard of and seen some 19 inch saab rims, anyone know where i could buy these wheels. heres a pic of them on a car

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
mt.aero said:
And at $650 US each, what a deal!
My son and two other Saab Techs took 35 minutes to stretch a tyre onto one of those rims too :p

(I wonder if it was an 18" tyre :eek: )

They buckle easily and you also loose steering lock too..........

Other than that - great :cool:

#6 ·
  1. They are expensive
  2. They are wide and reduce your steering lock (turning circle)
  3. They bend easily
  4. They are hard to mount tires on
  5. 19" tyres are expensive too

#7 ·
#10 ·
saili_calvin said:
what do you think about these?
Erm...............

#11 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
My son and two other Saab Techs took 35 minutes to stretch a tyre onto one of those rims too :p

(I wonder if it was an 18" tyre :eek: )

They buckle easily and you also loose steering lock too..........

Other than that - great :cool:
But for that kind of money you'd be a fool if you didn't go for something REALLY ballin like 3-piece OZ's, Volk TE37's or some of the nicer BBS rims.

They also weigh less and are stiffer without the iffy styling of the 19" Hirsch's

Now the 19" Turbo-X rims on the other hand, that's a 19" 3-spoke that I would spend that kind of money on (or did "nicer BBS rims" already cover the Turbo-X rims? ;))

#14 ·
stipud said:
Where's a barf avatar when you need one? :x:x

Sorry, but I don't get that black on chrome style at all.

Now the Hirsch on the other hand...:cheesy::cheesy:
Yeah I didn't want to be the first to say it but those wheels belong on an accord or a 300c. Silver on black wheels like that just look way too garish and busy on a clean car like a Saab, especially if the body is otherwise stock.

now these:

these:

these:

these:

or these:

are all way dirtier looking, and for about the same money as the hirsch's or those garish black on chrome things, hell you can even black out the centers of the multipiece rims and go for a wide polished lip with some dish to it if you want some multicolored hotness. One-piece black and chrome rims are still a big no-no with few exceptuons.

#21 ·
saili_calvin said:
well im glad everyone here has an open mind for others opinion:confused:
Well, you did ask for an opinion on an open forum, so you can't expect for everyone to agree with you.....there would be no point asking for an opinion in the first place:roll:

And as Kermit says, most on here would rather buy wheels that improve the dynamics of the car with reduced unsprung weight, greater strength or better brake cooling etc.,etc as well as the looks.........rather than just 'bling ricer' looks alone.

#23 ·
I think what makes it ricer is that its silver on black as well as having a "wild" and untraditional design. I think what most people that own saabs look for in a rim is something that compliments its design style. Those rims dont compliment the design at all.....IMO. But like Kermit said.... its your car, so do what you want. You asked for an opinion and you got it.

#24 ·
Kermit said:
Hey, its your car, put whatever the hell you want on it! Don't mind others opinions
Kermit said:
leave the bling for the ricer brigade.
Nice juxtaposition ;)

Don't mind my opinion either, I'm just saying that for $700 a rim I'd be buying some custom-drilled forged Volks. Since they're forged they also stand up to potholes and bumpy roads far better than some crappy soft-cast bling wheel made by a small-volume ricer company would.

it also helps that 19" TE37's will weigh less than most stock Saab 17"s, it's all about the low unsprung weight if you care at all about how your car handles or brakes

#25 ·
saili_calvin said:
thats what i dont understand, theres no chrome on the rim, its silver and black and a what 6 spoke alloy? but because it doenst have y spokes and its a 19 makes it a rice wheel? whats the line? explain what makes a rice wheel?
The Volks are 6-spokes and come in 19", and they aren't y-spokes either. What makes them real wheels and not ricer wheels is that they're well-engineered, lightweight forged wheels with a tasteful minimalist design that will not overpower the sheetmetal styling of whatever car they're on.

A good wheel will blend in with and complement the rest of your car's styling while serving a legitimate performance purpose, rather than totally overpowering the rest of your car's styling and hampering performance the way a ricer wheel does.

#26 ·
ACBarnett said:
A good wheel.
Is one that the owner is happy with............... thats it.

Or in my case any ones that fit over the brakes ;oops:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.