SaabCentral Forums banner

the aero

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  95AeroBlack 
#1 ·
got the cone air filter for my car 2 months ago, (2002 aero). couldnt believe how good it sounded! until today when it was so hot, had every window down, my car sounded like something off to fast to furious, the bollicks, my car manages to surprise me every time i drive it. (every weekend, have company jeep which is so slow!) Get all these boy racers (which I used to be over a decade ago) given it the large, and heres me in a grandads car, with creature comforts looking in my rear mirror as they get further away. A WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING. not to be under estimated.

#2 ·
Yup I just installed another one yesterday and yeah it sounds sick. I got to say I am impressed with my whole aero conversion (turbo'+ecu) it has really transformed the car. :cheesy:No major problems as of yet.

joeblogs26 said:
got the cone air filter for my car 2 months ago, (2002 aero). couldnt believe how good it sounded! until today when it was so hot, had every window down, my car sounded like something off to fast to furious, the bollicks, my car manages to surprise me every time i drive it. (every weekend, have company jeep which is so slow!) Get all these boy racers (which I used to be over a decade ago) given it the large, and heres me in a grandads car, with creature comforts looking in my rear mirror as they get further away. A WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING. not to be under estimated.

#3 ·
joeblogs26 said:
Sounds awesome. What type and where did you get the filter? Is this the mod that requires a splash guard?

#6 ·
tmg19103 said:
Sounds awesome. What type and where did you get the filter? Is this the mod that requires a splash guard?
I modified my Aero to an open air filter a few weeks ago.
The sound is totally worth the cost of the 30$ cone air filter.
You can get almost any 3" cone or tube shaped filter.
They can be bought at almost any auto parts store, ask for a universal cone filter with a 3" opening.

And about the splash guard, I took the risk and tried it without a splash guard and so far I haven't encountered any problems.
I drove in a moderate rainstorm on the highway. It was pouring with foggy mist on the road so it was very damp and wet. I did not notice any problems whatsoever. The underside was wet as I arrived but I dont think it was anything to worry about.

If you google some information about hydrolocking the general concensus is that you really need to suck up alot of water to cause any problems, and an open (exposed) air filter shoudlnt cause you any problems, you would literally have to drive over a puddle deep enough to submerge your filter.

Just letting people know about the splash guard thing, so far I havent came across any issues whatsoever, the cone sits pretty high up in that compartment so I don't think its anything to worry about.

But like everything do your research first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.